Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi everyone

carolina_acevedo July 27, 2022

Hello! I am here because I create two dashboards in one project, the first one is a Kanban board and the other one is a scrum board. I created the components to split the user stories by board however, the user stories that I am able to see on the scrum board, I am able to see them on the kanban board as well.  I need to see some user stories on the scrum board but not on the Kanban board. How can I hide them from the Kanban board? 

Thanks!

5 answers

5 accepted

Suggest an answer

5 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2022

Hi Carolina - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Which issues show on a board are dependent on the filter be used by the board. What type of project are you using? Team-managed? Company-managed? Jira Work Management?

Hi John, Thank you!  I am working on a technology project where we manage bugs (kanban board) and user stories (scrum board). Company managed project.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2022

Great. Well on the board, click on the three dots menu in the upper right side. Select board settings.

on the general tab look at the filter query. This is what determines which issues will show on your Kanban board. You need to create a different filter or modify that filter to change what issue show on the kanban board.

Like # people like this

Thank you so much! It was really helpful 

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2022

Hello @carolina_acevedo

were you able to solve your issue?

carolina_acevedo August 16, 2022

Hi @edwin vasquez  Not at all but it realized that the visibility on both dashboards have been worked because some cases could be managed on the Kanban board. Thank you very much. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michelle Schmidt July 27, 2022

Yes - edit your Kanban board's Filter Query and add something like this:

and Component=Bug

then edit your Scrum board's query and to add something like this:

and Component !=Bug

Craeg Strong
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 27, 2022

I would recommend Component = KanbanOnly  for the Kanban board's Filter Query, but no change to the Scrum board.   The reason is that Component != KanbanOnly will only return items having a specific Component setting that is other than KanbanOnly, but not issues that are not assigned to any Component.  

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 27, 2022

@carolina_acevedo -

Welcome.  To control what is showing in the board (Scrum or Kanban), it is controlled by your board's filter query.  If certain stories should not be on the Kanban board, but they are needed in your Scrum board, then you need customize your board filter query.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Craeg Strong
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 27, 2022

Agree with John, we need to know which kind of project first.   Assuming you can adjust the filter for the kanban board, an easy way to omit stories from the kanban board would be via using a label or component.  Of course you could get fancy and create a custom field, but that would require jira admin privileges

Hi Craeg, 

Yes, I have Jira admin privileges. I created the component and I added the component name on the user story, now I am able to see it on the scrum board (the newest board) however, the user story is still visible on the kanban board. I would like to have the visibility only on Scrum board not both.

Ronald Hipol December 19, 2022

Hi @carolina_acevedo 

Were you able to resolve the issue? If not, you can modify your board filter query to add: 

AND issuetype = Bug (for the kanban board)

AND issuetype = Story (for the scrum board)

Hope this helps.

Like carolina_acevedo likes this
carolina_acevedo December 20, 2022

Hi @Ronald Hipol 

Yes, I was able to resolve it. Thanks for your contribution :) 

Like John Funk likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events