Weird behavior for text control on Summary field

Krzysztof Achinger April 22, 2022

I have a text control that is attached to two visualizations for Summary field. Using wildcard-like expression with % symbol I am getting different results on different visualizations.

I enter "%TM Update%" in the text filter control and one visualization shows results, the other one does not. Both have similar data, only difference is that one concerns open tickets and another closed tickets. Changing search string to %TM update% gives some results in second visualization and the number of results in the first one is different.

Both visualizations use

filter Summary like {TEXT_INPUT}

It is true that both visualizations should return different results but when I verify with JQL the second one has many more results regardless of using "TM update" or "TM first Update"

Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 19.28.41.pngfirst_viz.pngsecond_viz.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tracy Chow
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2022

Hi @Krzysztof Achinger, based on the screenshots you provided of the filters, the other difference between the two other than the Issue Status is that the first is "Labels does not contain one of" and the 2nd is "Labels contains one of". 

Is it possible the difference in the Label filters is responsible for the differing results? 

Krzysztof Achinger April 25, 2022

Ohh crap! yeah that will be it, thanks! (facepalm)

Like # people like this
Tracy Chow
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2022

Great, no problem. Happy to help! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events