Regex examples

Steven Becherer March 20, 2024

Hey there! I was wondering if you have any examples of using regex on a text control filter. So far I have it working using just plain text, but I was curious about it since it didn't require a format of:

/<insert some text>/

but instead was able to take in just:

<insert some text

To help elaborate on this question I'm trying to figure out the scope of regex that can be used in a text control filter and to see if there is any existing documentation or additional examples that can be provided for regex on text control filters because it seems like a powerful tool.

Thanks in advance!

-Steve

1 answer

0 votes
Skyler Ataide
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 22, 2024

Hi there Steve! 

We don't currently have any documentation that provides specific examples using regex to filter with a text control filter, beyond our documentation that covers all of our operators for filter conditions. If you are using regex with a text input control, I assume you are using the 'matches regex' operator in your chart query with the text input control connected. Most regular expressions should be supported using the 'matches regex' operator, though we don't have a show all guide that covers all supported regex examples. Our team will certainly look into putting out a knowledge base article in the future if this would be a valuable resource. 

If you are interested in using wildcards in a text input control instead of regex, this is also possible. We do have this documentation that goes over how to use wildcards in a text input control. 🙂

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events