How to build charts for Assets data

Graham Moore
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 24, 2023

I'm trying to build some fairly simple charts in Analytics, but I am really struggling to understand the correct way to get the data I want.

I've limited our data source in Analytics to a particular schema (just to simplify things for now), called 'End User Device'. Within that schema we have 6 object types:

2023-08-24 10 38 31.png

*Devices & Application are abstract

In my example chart, I am trying to display all of the Apple devices by status. I am successfully able to build a chart to count the number of Apple devices, but I have no idea how I'm supposed to then be able to separate the devices by status (we have a 'Status' attribute in the Apple object type). 

The schema in Analytics doesn't specifically list all the attributes within an object type, so I suspect I somehow have to build a join to tell it that I want to grab the status from the Apple devices and use that to build the chart - but that's the point I'm stuck at trying to figure out. 

I've watched the demo videos, but they are more focused on Issues in JSM than Assets, and the Assets schema is quite different. Does anyone have some suggestions or material I can use to figure this out please?

The OOTB Assets dashboard does not work for me either (so reverse engineering that hasn't been successful) - I can filter the schema and object, but when I try to filter by attribute nothing appears in the filter drop down. 

2023-08-24 10 39 15.png

1 answer

0 votes
Jessie Turpin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 29, 2023

Hi Graham! The third example (the number of objects with a particular attribute) in this Knowledge Base article should be able to help you adjust your query. Step 2b in the article will be where you add in a filter on your specific 'Status' attribute to help you get a count of Apple devices per status. 

I hope this helps, but let us know if you have any other questions!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events