How to add a DATE type custom field as a column to a schema

Hello!

I´m starting to explore Atlassian Analytics in our main instance, and I´ve been having some issues.
I am trying to add a project´s custom field ('End date') as a column in a schema but I´m unable to set the Type of it. It is a date field but it keeps showing it as a string instead:

analytics End_date.png 

Is there a way to change it to date? Or do I have to add this custom field in a different way?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Leonardo Barrios
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 18, 2023

Hello Mariah,

Thank you for contacting the Atlassian community! I am Leo from Atlassian Team.

You may perform this change directly when querying this data on Visual SQL section.

To be able to do that, you are going to use the 'CAST' custom formula. In your case, your formula should be something like:

CAST("End date" AS date)

You are going to have your formula column as date, and then you will be able to query your date using this column.

You also may take a look at this article that could give you a better understanding:

Change a data type with Visual SQL steps | Atlassian Support | Atlassian Documentation
Use custom tables and columns | Atlassian Analytics | Atlassian Support

I hope this information helps you!

Best regards,
Leonardo Barrios
Support Engineer

Thank you, @Leonardo Barrios! Your solution worked, but I did encounter other issues with other parts of the chart. I probably did not choose the best template for what I need, so I´ll try other ones.
Thank you! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events