How often is the data updated in the data lake?

piotr.x.zyrek March 16, 2023

Hello,

I'm using Atlassian Analytics to get some insights regarding our performance.

I'd like to ask how often is the data refreshed in the data lake ?

I created a new ticket in JSM about 4 hours ago but there is still no info about this issue in any of the tables in data lake.

I found the paragraph in the documentation which states: "Data freshness - These tables rapidly reflect changes in your products, typically within half an hour. "

However it does not seem to be the case for me.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Riley Venable
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2023

The frequency of data updates in Atlassian Analytics depends on the cache duration, which varies depending on the dashboard settings. The cache for each chart is updated every 1 hour, 30 minutes, or 24 hours, depending on the dashboard settings, unless someone manually overrides the cache. Additionally, Atlassian Analytics queries all rows in the data source when performing calculations, but only returns up to a certain number of rows for the final result set.

piotr.x.zyrek March 16, 2023

Thank you very much, this is very helpful. I have my dashboard cache settings set to 30 minutes, so it's not a dashboard refresh issue.

When creating a new chart and querying these tables, there is no information there about this ticket created a few hours ago. So I'm afraid we should distinguish between two issues.

1) How fast the data appears in the data lake.

2) How often the dashboard is updated.

The latter you have explained very well! For some reason, however, this data is still not in the data lake. Do you have any idea what could be the reason?

0 votes
Jessie Turpin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 16, 2023

Hey Piotr! Would you mind creating a support ticket and select Atlassian Analytics as the affected product. This would allow our team to investigate further why your data isn't appearing in the Atlassian Data Lake. 

Thanks! 

Jessie

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events