Generate a report with all the sub-tasks along with its (group by) Task numbers

SanthoshMR
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 14, 2023

Can anyone help me with extracting a report with all the sub-tasks under a project, along with their corresponding Tasks numbers and group them by Task numbers?  I'm okay with JQL as well. 

2 answers

0 votes
Tracy Chow
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 16, 2023

Hi Santhosh,

To find sub-tasks in a project along with their parent issue from Atlassian Analytics, you can query the Jira "Issue field" table in the Atlassian Data Lake to filter on Name=Parent and then join it with data from the Jira "Issue" table. This article walks through the steps in detail: https://confluence.atlassian.com/analyticskb/query-parent-and-child-issues-from-jira-1206787653.html

Please let me know if you have any questions on this.

Tracy

0 votes
Frederik Vantroys
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2023

Hi @SanthoshMR 

This might be a start but we need more info.

Project = PROJECT_KEY AND issuetype = "Sub-task" ORDER BY parent ASC

SanthoshMR
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 16, 2023

Thanks for this, Frederik.  I however not able to see the parent ticket numbers in my result.  The "Type" is Sub-task and Task for child and parent tickets.  I'd like to to list all the Sub-tasks along with their Task numbers.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events