Easiest way to filter on tickets toggled to Major Incident

andrew_pass
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2023

Hi, 

The JQL below allows searching for incidents toggled to be an MI -

issuetype = "[System] Incident" and "Major incident" = MAJOR_INCIDENT

I'm trying to re-create this in Analytics to build out dashboards specifically around MIs but can't get it working.

I've tried doing this by selecting -

issue_field

• Resolution at - Month
  • Value - Group
  • Filter - Name = "Major incident"

But it doesn't work and fails to return data.

There anyway to do this? I'm surprised it's not out the box in the JSM Incident schema?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, otherwise I'll need to do a workaround with Automation.

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2023

+1 @andrew_pass Major Incidents reporting is a typical use case for Analytics.

andrew_pass
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2023

So guessing it's not currently possible? Seems a massive gap :/

Tracy Chow
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2023

Hi Dave and Andrew,

Thanks for your feedback. I've created a feature request ticket for adding the Major Incident field data to the Atlassian Data Lake: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ANALYTICS-152. I suggest voting on and watching the ticket for updates.

In the meantime, using an automation rule to query major incidents would be a good solution.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Like Dave Mathijs likes this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2023

Thanks for the loop back and follow-up @Tracy Chow , appreciated!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events