Custom field values displaying as numbers instead of text

Tschilar, Stacey July 31, 2023

I have a checkbox custom field -Intake Type that exists across 25 projects.  (Technically it is -Intake type [lower case] in some projects even though I've changed it in the Issue Type settings, but ignore that for now.)  

In 2 of the projects, the value coming through Data Lake is displaying the background number value instead of its text equivalent.

I've tried cutting and pasting the field values from projects that are working correctly (for the field configuration); I have also tried creating a new -Intake Type field but it continues to generate new, different number values for the problem projects.  

What else can I try to resolve this?  

I was thinking about creating a formula to map the number values to the text values that they should be, but I also feel like there should be a more obvious way to fix the inputs rather than trying to reactively patch it together.  Suggestions?  

custom_field_values.png

1 answer

0 votes
Tracy Chow
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 3, 2023

Hi @Tschilar, Stacey ,

Can you include the executed SQL query of the query from your screenshot? You can get that by clicking on the seconds elapsed next to the 'Query finished' button. 

That will be helpful for us in investigating what's happening here. Thanks!

Tschilar, Stacey August 4, 2023

The issue seems to have resolved itself after a couple of days, I just couldn't delete my question from the community.  

Tracy Chow
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 4, 2023

No problem, glad to hear it's been resolved! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events