Calculating Default Value for Dropdown Box

Angelica May 15, 2024

Hi Community,

I know that we can set up a fixed value as the default value for a dropdown box. I am wondering if there is a way to set up the first value from the table as the default value.

To provide more context, let's say I have calculated a list of time as time_range and want to feed the first value to the default value.

15756_6.png

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Angelica

1 answer

0 votes
Agaci Avinas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2024

Hi Angelica,

I am Agaci from Analytics support. Currently, there isn't a functionality to dynamically set the default value in a dropdown variable.

However, I see that you are querying a DateTime column for which you can use a calendar variable. In that, you can set Relative dates instead of a fixed date. May I ask if you have tried that?

With this relative date, you can add this variable to your query in which you have the time_range column. 

Please give this a try and let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Agaci 

Angelica May 19, 2024

Hi Agaci,

Thanks for your reply.

I think relative dates are a good solution for simple date calculations based on the current time. However, I don't believe variables such as {CALENDAR} can be referenced in a calendar control as for this use case. It also may not be helpful to retrieve a relative date here, as all of the options generated are actually on the same date but at different hours.

18644_0.png

Additionally, many of my dropdowns need a non-date dynamic default value. It is really bad news for me that the functionality is not there :( I would greatly appreciate it if you could help generate a suggestion ticket for this functionality.

Best regards,

Angelica

Agaci Avinas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2024

Hey Angelica,

Good day!

Thank you for the suggestion. I think it would be a great addition to have dynamic default values in the dropdown control.

I have created a feature request for your requirement that you can track using below link,

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ANALYTICS-234

Feel free to add your thoughts in comments and you can add yourself as a watcher to the ticket to get notified of the updates. 

Regards,

Agaci

Like Angelica likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events