Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why don't all the Atlassian users have [Atlassian] after their name?

BrittanyA May 26, 2011

Only some do.

4 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Andrew Ardill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2011

There is currently no way to specify what company you are with - people who have their company name in their display name put it there manually. For example, my registered name here is 'Andrew Ardill [CustomWare]'.

You are able to change your name, just go to your user page and press Preferences->Edit Profile.

1 vote
NikE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2011

All Atlassians should have the tag (and I'm pretty sure I saw it in Jeremy's instructions for setting up your account). We are all proud we work here and it looks good for us to be making posts, answering questions, and otherwise moderating. I think it is awesome that [CustomWare] is also IDing themselves. Not sure how we should deal with the inevitable punk who adds our tag to their name for fun....

Andrew added the instructions for how to make the name change up above so if you are an Atlassian join the team and get that [Atlassian] tag on there!

Sameera Shaakunthala [inactive]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 28, 2011

Just ignore the punks. That's what we see all over the Internet. Hopefully they'll get tired of doing it. :)

1 vote
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 26, 2011

Answers, like most Q & A systems, doesn't really have the concept of permissions and groups - it's just wide open. I suppose we could require that people enter their company name, but that doesn't seem quite right, so it's just left to convention to do it. Some people have forgotten.

For Atlassians, I think it's the right spirit that we identify ourselves. For the community, personally I like to see it - it helps - but it's optional.

0 votes
CharlesA
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 28, 2011

I deliberately didn't add the tag, but one day I logged on and someone else had added it for me.

I think the [Atlassian] thing makes sense on JIRA where it makes it clear what is the Official Word from the Vendor. On answers it's less important. The ability to upvote answers should be far more important in determining what is good content than the supposed authority of a label.

(It's also a bit weird. While we're still seeding the site with questions ourselves, the net effect of the tag is to make it look like nobody at Atlassian has a clue what goes on here.)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events