Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore a deleted/suspended user

Jason Morphett October 22, 2022

Hi Atlassians!

I'm the org admin and deleted (or suspended - I can't remember) a user.  I now want to add them back to the project but I can't. 

The invite gets sent, but I can't see them on the Users board and when they try to log in using the email link, they get told "You don't have access to ... <the project>" and "Looks like your administrator has marked your account as inactive. " 

How can I reinstate this user please?

Thanks in advance.

Jason

1 answer

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2022

Hi @Jason Morphett ,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

You need to reactivate your user first https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/enabling-a-deactivated-account-to-provide-site-access-1005792657.html

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Jason Morphett October 22, 2022

Hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ . Thanks for the link, but the resolution steps don't work.

I can do steps 1 and 2, but I just see

"You have no managed users"

Followed by:

"Your organisation does not have any verified domains. Complete the domain verification process to manage accounts in this organisation."

I think the user was deleted (not suspended) which is why they don't appear.

Can you help or is it one for the Support team?

Jason Morphett October 23, 2022

Magically the account appeared! But apologies to others in the same position in advance I cannot remember the menu sequence I went through to get the account reinstated.

Keep trying different ways of doing it is my advice.

MattBurnes July 18, 2023

there is a default filter that only shows active users which is probably why suspended accounts don't show. Took me 30min to figure out :/

Like georgi.velikov likes this
Mohammad Ahmadi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 8, 2024

This is actually a user interface problem. The filter pop-up falls outside of the page and you will not see the box for active users filter. Atlassian should fix the issue by popping up the filter above the button, instead of below. 

Tip: if you only have 2 users and can't see the filter option for active users to uncheck it, just klick one of the boxes above and use your [tab] key to navigate to the checkbox outside of the page view. Then use [space] key to uncheck and the suspended or deleted user will reappear.jira issue.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events