Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get my account's 2FA code to put in my password manager

Rob Bl October 27, 2022

I have an Authenticator app that provides 2FA for my Atlassian account, but how do I get the code for generating that 2FA so I can put it in my password manager so I can generate my 2FA in that app too?

I was able to do this for BitBucket, but can't find a way to do it for my Atlassian account.

3 answers

0 votes
Rob Bl November 15, 2022

Still hoping for an answer here.

2FA already enabled. Already connected in Authenticator app.

I need to know how to get back to the QR code so I can scan it into my password manager app.

0 votes
Rob Bl October 30, 2022

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ thanks for the info, but that's not what I'm asking. As I said, I already have the 2FA set up in my authenticator app.

What I need now is to set up my password manager on my desktop computer to also generate 2FA for my Atlassian account. When I did this for BitBucket, I was provided a code to put in the password app's 2FA field that synced it up to correctly generate codes.

I'm asking how I do that with my Atlassian account.

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2022

Hi @Rob Bl 

The steps I used to enable 2FA for my Atlassian account was to:

• Go to my profile > Security > Enable 2FA
  • I had already google authenticator installed on my device
  • I followed the screens

2fa.png

Second Screen

atlassian2step.png

Final screen

qa.png

Once I scanned with my google auth the above QA code, it immediately had access to the 6digit code I had to enter on the field.

And then it prompts you to save the recovery key.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events