Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate mail notification for product access request.

yaron January 22, 2024

Hello,
Is there a way (app\ API) to generate email to specific address once one of my users request access to one of my Org products (Jira, Confluence) for him or for other user?

1 answer

0 votes
Kieren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2024

Hi @yaron 

There is no API available to allow a user to request access to a specific email address.

The standard process is; a user requests access via one of the touch points within Jira or Confluence. An access request record is created and an email is sent to all relevant Site and Org Admins about the new access request.

I suggest taking advantage of that email sent to the org/site admins. Setup a forward email rule in your inbox to send that access request email to the email address of your choice.

Good luck!

-Kieren

Co-Founder of Smol Software | Ex-Atlassian

yaron January 22, 2024

Hi Kieren,
Thank you for the quick reply.
This is exactly what I wanted to avoid - mail forward rule from one of the site admins that might be forgotten ....

Kieren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2024

Another, less conventional option, is to create a new org admin user with a shared email account, such as AtlassianAdmin@yourdomain.com. Make them an organisation admin in your Atlassian Org. Then use that shared email address to control email forwarding to other users, or use it to forward the access requests to another system for processing. e.g. You can forward the email to your Jira instance to create a ticket for your IT team or Admin team to process https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/create-issues-and-comments-from-email/

If this is helpful, please mark the Answer as accepted :)

-Kieren

Co-Founder of Smol Software | Ex-Atlassian

yaron February 6, 2024

Hi again,
This option require to add another billable user in my site, no?

Thanks,

Yaron

Kieren
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 6, 2024

It depends on your setup.

Adding a user to the site-admin or org-admin group may also give the user product access (increasing your bill). You could avoid that by removing product access from the site-admin or org-admin group. But that would also mean other user in that group lose product access. Those other admin users can be regranted access via the standard product access groups, like confluence-users

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events