Are non Google account users unaffected by the G Suite group-based syncing change on 28th April?

Neil Clark April 20, 2017

I know it sounds like an obvious question but given the potential impact on our clients I just wanted to make 100% sure!

We're a consultancy who use G Suite and therefore all of our employees login to Jira/Confluence Cloud using their Google accounts. Therefore we will make the changes Atlassian are advising in preparation for the rollout of G Suite group based syncing on 28th April.

However, we have a lot of clients who also use our Jira/Confluence Cloud, logging in with the accounts we set up for them directly in Jira/Confluence. I don't want to unnecessarily email them to tell them about the changes so am I right in assuming users set up directly in User Management will be unaffected? 

Thanks for your help. 

1 answer

0 votes
Ben Luo April 20, 2017

I think that users set up directly in User Management will be unaffected. When G suite group-based syncing occurs, this is what Atlassian says will happen for them - 

"Existing users on your Atlassian site (not in the synced groups)—We can't link them to their G Suite account. Enable Atlassian account to solve this issue."

Found here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/g-suite-faqs-873871245.html#GSuiteFAQs-Howdoesgroup-basedsyncingwork?

Neil Clark April 21, 2017

Thanks Ben, much appreciated. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events