Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Atlassian account to Duo Mobile on new phone

Michael Oswald October 5, 2021

I've changed from an Android phone to an IOS phone.  I have 2FA enabled on my Atlassian account, and used Duo Mobile on my old Android phone to log in.

I have downloaded Duo Mobile on my new phone, and I want to add the Atlassian account.  I was having problems and thought it was because I still had the account on my old phone, so I removed it.  Unfortunately that wasn't the problem.

When I try to add the Atlassian account to Duo Mobile on my new phone, it asks me to scan the QR code.  I am logged into my Atlassian account on the website and can look at my security settings, but I can't figure out how to get a QR code to appear.  2FA is enabled on the 'Manage 2-Step Verification' page, I can't disable it (I get an error when I try) and the only other option is to create a new emergency recovery key.

The account is gone from my old phone, so I can't use that anymore.  If I don't have a QR code then I can also enter a 'key' in Duo Mobile, but it's not the emergency recovery key because I've tried that.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I'm logged on right now, but once I log out I don't think I'll be able to get back in.

3 answers

0 votes
Paul Medina July 8, 2022

I am having the same issue now.  I got a new iPhone and can't add Atlassian to my DUO account without a 6-digit code or QR code.  I can't see where to generate these.

0 votes
Xiaoyue Wang February 10, 2022

Hi, we were encountering the same issue too. A member of our team has encountered the same issue, and the admin has already disabled her 2-way authentication to let her reset it. However, when she clicked on the reset password link, a 2-way authentication is still required. Any assistance or advice would be much appreciated!

0 votes
Peter Jordan Stefanov January 28, 2022

I am in the same boat at the moment and no one seems to be able to help me with this... 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events