Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Suppressing Invite Emails possible?

Mike Geney February 4, 2021

I'm trying not to bombard our users with multiple emails as we move into Azure SSO for authentication.   We've already emailed them all once by claiming our domain with Atlassian access.

In summary:  Our users are currently logging in with claimed accounts on DomainA.com.  
Our Azure environment uses DomainB.com and has also been claimed.  

I would love to just be able to create the accounts for domainB.com and then communicate to the users all at once that they can use their SSO credentials to access the system going forward rather than them having to go through the process of accepting an invite.   

We don't need them to "opt in" to this or set a password because it's SSO and their passwords are already set.

Is this possible? 

I've looked into setting up automated provisioning but if that's going to send an email anyway our user population doesn't necessitate the setup effort when we'll have the same issue of the users having to accept an invite and jump through those hoops.

1 answer

1 vote
Narmada Jayasankar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2021

Hi Mike,

Setting up SCIM user provisioning will not trigger emails to users. Email is only sent to users accounts with email under a domain when the domain being claimed. Since you've already claimed DomainB.com, user accounts you create with emails under the domain will not get any emails.

Thanks,

Narmada Jayasankar

Product Manager, Atlassian Access

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events