Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change reporter name

Kannan M February 7, 2024

I created a board and owned by me, but reporter name is different. Having existing person name (she left from project). Now how to change the name.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2024

Welcome to the community @Kannan M !

To do this, you need to view the issue, then within the Reporter field to click on the name and then choose a different name.

Of course, you need to have the permissions to change the reporter name.

Reporter field is disabled. How to get the permissions. Please help.

Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2024

Permissions need to be checked in here indeed.

Project Settings -> Permissions -> Modify Reporter - see who can modify the reporter (either a user, group, or a project role)

Also, check your layout.

Project Settings -> Issues -> Layout -> Edit issue layout - see if the Reporter field is there, if not you need to add it.

Unfortunately, I could find the options (even project settings). Do you share more details, like screenshots, etc... 

Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 7, 2024

First, let us check if you have a company-managed or a team-managed project.

You can see this on the left bottom corner of your screen of your project homepage.

For a team managed:

1. Go to the Project Settings -> Issue Types -> Here you will see the layout:

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 14.09.30.png

From the image above, we can see a reporter but this is under the "Hide when empty" - meaning if this field is empty, it won't be showing. To fix this, drag the Reporter field under the Assignee.

For company-managed project is almost the same,  (Issues -> Layout ->Edit issue layout), here by default Reporter is showing.

Sorry for continuous disturbance.  Still I couldn't locate the mentioned fields.

The below URL is what I am using, If you see in all tasks the reporter name captured as "Sangeetha Santhakumaran". She left from the project and inactive status. This need to be removed and replace my name.

Can you please take a look and assist further.

https://tools.rbspeople.com/jira/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=86 

Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 8, 2024

Hello @Kannan M 

I understand, no worries. Also, I am not part of the Atlassian team, as they can have the permission to access your site and no one else. Of course, you choose if you want to give permission to them or not.

This can be done by raising a support ticket: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Kannan M February 8, 2024

I raised a ticket. Thanks for all your help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events