Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Avatar doesn't show

Deleted user July 17, 2019

My profile under the Community points to my Atlassian profile, which has an avatar.  There is no place on the Community profile to upload or change the avatar.  

I'm just curious why the linked profiles aren't sharing the avatar as I'm only seeing a blank field.  It's not a concern, I'm just curious.

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
mattjared
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 17, 2019

Hey Robin - We recently rolled out some changes to how we handle accounts at Atlassian. The Atlassian account profile is changing to include more granular privacy controls which affects profile photos. If you head to your Atlassian account profile and modify the setting for photo to be "Anyone" this should bring your photo back. The screenshot below shows where to modify that setting.

Screenshot 2019-07-17 10.22.51.png

You can read more about the broader updates and how it affects Community here.

Deleted user July 17, 2019

Thank you for the fast reply!

Although the setting was set to "Anyone", I'm still not seeing it.  But I was simply curious and I'm sure it will be resolved soon.  

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2019

Hi @[deleted],

Atlassian made changes related to the ID process yesterday (see Release note for July 15, 2019 for more information) that is causing this. If you go to https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/profile-and-visibility and adjust the setting for your profile to only me and then back to public, it will reappear once you log out and back in again. I just did it and it worked for me.

actualperso11 December 30, 2019

sarco

Tarek Faham September 29, 2021

I am still having an issue here. I followed the links to update my profile and checked the help pages. I am now confused. I understand that there are managed and unmanaged accounts. I don't know my account is managed or unmanaged. How do I tell about that? And, my photo is still not visible in the Community site, but visible elsewhere. Why?

Regards,

Tarek

Tarek Faham September 29, 2021

Oh, OK, now it is visible. It took some time to reflect. Thanks a lot!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events