[now available] Atlassian Access: Company wide-visibility, control & security

community-access-image.png

Hi all! I'm Kim and I'm on the product marketing team for Atlassian Access (fka Identity Manager). Today, I'm really excited to share that Atlassian Access is now generally available for purchase! Atlassian Access gives IT admins one place to manage and enforce security policies across their entire Atlassian Cloud infrastructure. 

You may remember that we released the Early Access Program as Identity Manager in November. Since then, we've expanded the vision of the product to one day cover a wider range of administrative controls around access, security, privacy and more. We've got a lot of exciting plans for Atlassian Access!

Expect more discussion around Atlassian Access here in the community in the future - we'd love to hear your questions and thoughts! To learn more about general availability, read the blog or our documentation on the transition to general availability. And if you're interested, give Atlassian Access a spin with a 30-day free trial!

4 comments

Jens June 6, 2018

Hi Kim

I'm curious to hear about your thoughts on how/if this can be used in JIRA Service Desk for managing customers. We use JIRA Service Desk mostly for internal "customers", i.e. our employees and we would like to provision their accounts and make sure their logins to Service Desk is secure.

But the pricing on Access is prohibitive in this use case. Adding a monthly fee for each customer user would make our Service Desk setup around 50 times more expensive than it is now.

What are your thoughts on this use case?

Best regards

Jens

Kim Okazaki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2018

Hi Jens!

That's a great question. We actually have a number of customers with a similar use case as you. That's why we're actually not charging for portal customers who are managed by your organization as long as they aren't licensed on any other Atlassian Cloud product (Jira Software, Jira Core, Confluence, Bitbucket, Stride, and coming soon - Trello Free and Trello Business) and aren't a Jira Service Desk agent.

When you create your organization and verify your domain you'll begin managing all of the users that have Atlassian accounts with the domains that you've claimed. Say your company domain is 'acme.com' - your first step will be to create an organization and verify ownership of the users with 'acme.com' in their email address (this could be a mix of licensed users on our cloud products, Jira Service Desk portal users, users accessing the Atlassian Community, etc). Once you subscribe to Atlassian Access you can apply security policies across your entire organization. Those security policies will apply and be enforced upon your entire organization however you will only be billed for the unique users that are licensed on any of the following Atlassian Cloud products within your organization: Jira Software, Jira Core, Jira Service Desk (agents only), Confluence, Stride and coming soon - Trello Free and Trello Business. Jira Service Desk portal-only users aren't licensed so you won't get charged for them. Here's an article that further explains it.

Once you create your organization, verify your domain, and subscribe to Atlassian Access - the billing screens should give you a total count of billable users and an estimated bill. Alternatively, if you would like to find out your estimated billable users and bill before verifying your domain you can reach out to our team here.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy to help!

Cheers,

Kim

Jens June 6, 2018

I have it all set up and it's working great for my service desk agents. I'm also only paying for those people.

Are the security policies I configure for my domain enforced for the portal users belonging to my domain? Password complexity, two factor authentication etc.

In the ideal world I would have single-sign-on for portal users using SAML, but that seems to require Atlassian Access licenses for all users, both licensed users and portal users. Is that correct?

Kim Okazaki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 14, 2018

@Jens - Good to hear you've got it all up and running! Yep, the security policies you configured work across every managed user in your organization. So if you look at your managed user list, you'll probably see more folks in that list than just your service desk agents. All of those managed users in your organization are automatically covered by any of the policies you've enforced, but you only pay for users that are licensed on an Atlassian Cloud product (in this case, you only pay for your Jira Service Desk agents). 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events