Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not Connect to Microsoft Teams

rbenson April 9, 2024

I've added the app to teams and when I click on the login button from the atlas chat window, a new window opens and says "Could not connect to Microsoft teams."

I've restarted teams, removed and re added the app. Checked the team's admin center and granted admin consent for all permissions. Still will not work. This is using the new Microsoft teams client. 

Any help or advice on how to overcome this obstacle?

3 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Answer accepted
Rostyslav Synenko
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2024

It's a known issue after releasing Microsoft Teams v2. There is a problem in the desktop application, especially if a user is logged in several Microsoft Teams accounts.

As a workaround to sign in to Atlas application, you can use the browser version of Microsoft Teams. After that, you can continue using the desktop Microsoft Teams application.

rbenson April 11, 2024

Thanks, coincidently I tried it just now within the teams desktop client and the login actually popped up this time.  I was able to get connected.

Like Holly Scott likes this
1 vote
Dusan Spaic April 17, 2024

The accepted answer is not working for me. I closed my desktop Teams, connected to the browser one at https://teams.microsoft.com/v2/ and I still have the error message "Could not connect to Microsoft Teams" in a browser popup (Edge and Chrome).

I am not using a GCC High 365. 

Rostyslav Synenko
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 18, 2024

This issue was confirmed. There is a problem with Microsoft Teams consent API.

The issue is currently being worked on. I will inform you when the problem is solved.

Danny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2024

Do not use /v2/ in the URL. Go back to v1. You can revert back in the browser via the Teams UI. There is a button switch along the top bar. 

Like Rostyslav Synenko likes this
Dusan Spaic April 18, 2024

Yesterday I could not access the old Teams view via browser (I had a dialog preventing me to use it) but today this is possible.
I confirm you that it is possible to create a connection via old Teams view in a browser. 

@Rostyslav Synenko could you please share a public ticket that we could follow-up for this problem? 

thanks

Dusan

Rostyslav Synenko
Atlassian Team
April 24, 2024

@Dusan Spaic the team released a fix for this issue. It should work in a browser and Microsoft Teams client now.

A public JAC ticket.

0 votes
Holly Scott April 9, 2024

I had this same issue. It seems that, for us at least, it's because we have a GCC High 365 account and this is the reason it can't connect. 

rbenson April 11, 2024

Makes sense for your situation I would guess. GCC high is a lot more secure I believe.

Like Holly Scott likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events