Support for Azure AD Manager attribute?

Andy Hockenhull March 15, 2022

Hello there,

We have been struggling for some time to use Atlassian Access integrated with Azure AD and have this working just fine to sync our customers across into JSM.  The Line Manager attribute is present in Azure AD so is it just a case of adding this attribute into the sync?  Do you have any documentation for this use case?

3 comments

Comment

Karl Mentzer March 15, 2022

Hi Andy, 

We had Atlassian Access setup via AzureAD before moving to Okta but it was pretty straight forward to configure with group based provisioning. 

We had users added into dynamic groups based on attributes and groups provisioned onto Permission Schemes in each project via directory sync. 

I would suggest raising a support case for this with the Atlassian Access team as they are very helpful. 

Eric
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 15, 2022

Hi Andy,

We've tried to get the manager data synced via AzureAD with a few customers without success. I've added your feedback to our list of customers trying to do this setup. We'll let you know once we resolve the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,

Like Tomislav Tobijas likes this
Andy Hockenhull March 30, 2022

Thanks for the replies - is it not something as simple as adding the Manager field into the Claim on the Azure side?  I am not sure how we would then populate that on the Atlassian side?

Eric
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 30, 2022

@Andy Hockenhull the problem is on the field mapping needed so that Azure AD sends the manager field in the format we're expecting. We tried several variants like those below but none seem to work

• urn:ietf:params:scim:schemas:extension:enterprise:2.0:User:manager.value
  • urn:ietf:params:scim:schemas:extension:enterprise:2.0:User:manager
  • manager
  • manager.value

We need to spend some time on our side to understand the payload sent by Azure to make sure customers can set the mapping properly.

Dean Bjældager May 18, 2022

@Eric, any updates on this?

Like # people like this
Lauren Califano November 30, 2022

Are there any updates on this? I'm running into the same thing.

Eric
Atlassian Team
November 30, 2022

Hey all,

I'm pleased to inform you that we're currently working on a fix to support Azure AD!

Aiming to have it released by the end of Jan. You can subscribe to this ticket to get updates on it: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ID-7978

Like # people like this
Eric
Atlassian Team
January 8, 2023

We've released the fix to support syncing the manager attribute with Azure AD.

Here is the guide to set up this integration: https://intercom.help/atlas-by-atlassian/en/articles/6872562-how-to-sync-the-manager-attribute-into-atlas-with-azure-ad

Like Tomislav Tobijas likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events