Show off your updates!! 🍾

Colin Goudie July 25, 2021

Ok, so this discussion might tank but I was wondering if people would like to share ideas and (redacted) screenshots of their project/goal updates for inspiration?

Mine are pretty bland but I'm particularly interested to see how Engineering are sharing updates on their Epics in progress or other ways to update on major developments. i.e is it screenshots of epic burndowns, sprint burndowns etc..

2021-07-26_11-42-19.png

2 comments

Comment

Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2021

Hey Colin! Here are some of my faves that I've seen internally inside Atlassian (and why I like them). Disclaimer: I think I'm allowed to like some of mine... no?! :P 

1. This person always starts with the usage of the metrics they have been trying to move as part of this project (for each weeks update!) which is super helpful. In this update, I also like the use of Emoji for attention grabbing, deep-linking for information, and an explanation on why a date has changed:

example1.png

2. This update I love because it celebrates moments happening in a team members life, it calls out a dependency, felt the psychological safety to make something as at risk, and what's cool about this is that it's three different teams across the organisation with different managers in different departments all aligned on what the main blocker was

example2.png

3. This particular example uses video to make the update demo more engaging (you can upload directly to Team Central or simply CMD+V / paste a YouTube or Loom link to embed it directly) as well as an expand for more details regarding the dependency 

example3.png

4. This example here asks for feedback from the followers, embeds an artefact from a team brainstorm activity and mentions in relevant people that were involved. It also calls out not (ALL the decisions) but an important decision and links to detail.

example4.png

5. Finally, this example here is a bit of a "program" level update, it hides away the details from each of the streams of work (puts it in an expand for those interested), has a hero announcement up the top and curated highlights of the work in progress this week. It also has a video embed (more engaging) for a deep dive topic. Video also has a good looking person of which I couldn't work out how to blur their face for... 🤣😜

example5.png

Can't wait to see what other share!

Like # people like this
Colin Goudie July 25, 2021

🤣  What a good looking PM 

Rachel Lin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2021

Nice topic @Colin Goudie

Here's one I read this morning from a sub-team within our product that I found really engaging. What I liked about it was

• the rich media to show progress visually 
  • emoji bullets are a fun pattern to communicate in snappy statements 
  • reflecting a target date change to accurately keep followers in the loop 

And the other thing to note is not just the update itself, but also the conversation & engagement that happens below the update, which is great to keep up with :D

Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 2.06.15 pm.png

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events