Renaming Workspace

Daniel March 27, 2023

Hi,

I want to rename my workspace and key. Is there anyway to achieve this? I want to delete the app from my atlassian channel and added again as one of the result suggested. But I can't do it from my admin.

Thank you

3 comments

Comment

Brandon Haverland March 27, 2023

Hi @Daniel , I believe everything here should be able to guide you through it: https://support.atlassian.com/organization-administration/docs/update-a-product-url/

Additionally, you can change your organization name at admin.atlassian.com, settings>details. See screenshot (with sensitive information removed).Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 12.00.24 AM.png

Daniel March 28, 2023

Hi @Brandon Haverland 

Atlas URL can't be edited through that link and what I want to edit is not only URL but also workspace (atlas workspace).

I think it quite different with atlassian organization name.

Thank you

Andrew Hammond
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 27, 2023

Hey @Daniel

This is technically possible but needs to go through our support team. Please raise a request through https://support.atlassian.com/atlas/ with full details of what you would like the new workspace name and key to be and we'll look into getting that sorted for you.

Like Daniella Latham likes this
Daniel March 28, 2023

HI @Andrew Hammond 

Sadly I can make a report because I'm on atlas free account. It lead me to this community for asking this problem.

Daniel March 28, 2023

Hi @Andrew Hammond 

I already submitted the support via other channel (my account). Currently waiting for the response.

Thank you for your help

David Washburn April 4, 2023

I have the same issue. My organization has Atlassian Enterprise, given the price I'd think I could submit a support request about this but apparently Atlas is not covered under Enterprise.

We're unable to deploy the tool because our workspace name is TEST and it's unclear how we could change that.

Daniella Latham
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2023

Hey @Daniel @David Washburn apologies for the slow response - I have flagged this with our Community Support team to look into.

Like Andrew Hammond likes this
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
April 11, 2023

Howdy Y'all,

Ultimately there is not currently a feature to rename a workspace but it is on our radar for future feature improvements.

But please check out the following Community thread that highlights a discussion on a valid workaround:

Drawing attention to the comment:

Sherif Mansour ATLASSIAN TEAM Jan 29, 2023

Hi we don't have this feature yet, I've just added a +1 from you. Can I confirm I'm assuming here you want to rename your workspace KEY (e.g. team.atlassian.com/projects/ACME-123) yes? 

Yes the workaround you suggested would work - you can delete the workspace and re-create it later. To delete a workspace, assuming you are admin go to admin.atlassian.com and remove Atlas from your site just like you would any other product. You can then add it again later - may need to wait 24 hours for everything to refresh if my memory serves me right! 

Hope this helps get you on the right track.

Regards,
Earl

Like Andrew Hammond likes this
David Washburn April 20, 2023

Hey @Earl McCutcheon @Sherif Mansour can either of you confirm that we simply have to wait 24 hours and then we can re-enable Atlas? Atlassian support told me it would take 60 DAYS to fully delete the data and I would need to wait until then to re-enable the product.

Which is an incredibly long wait for a team trying to utilize the tool. I removed our Atlas product about 48 hours ago and have not re-enabled it yet because I wasn't sure when it's safe to add the product again.

Traci Wellington
Atlassian Team
April 20, 2023

Hi David - Traci from Atlassian Support. I saw your ticket on this issue pop into our queue this morning and provided a response. Im happy to work with you on this, take a look at the last comment and we will action it. (Internal Ref: POINTA-168)

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events