Looking for customer feedback: Reporting on Atlas Goals in Jira Software

Rachel Lin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 16, 2023

Hi everyone! My name is Rachel and I am a product manager on Atlas. Really excited to be sharing and engaging with you all more in this Community group. 

We're currently working on the ability to connect Goals in Atlas with work in Jira Software, starting with Jira epics. You may have seen the announcement in the last few weeks, where we're now automatically displaying Goals on epics that are connected to an Atlas project

Linked Atlas goals JSW.png

The next thing we'd love to explore is what information you want to get out of those goals once they are connected with Jira and why. For example, maybe these linked epics would display on the goal in Atlas, or perhaps you'd be able to see an aggregated list of goals connected to work from your JSW project...what would you do with that next? 

I'm looking for 4-5 customers, who are using Atlas and Jira together with the Atlas for Jira integration to understand how we might further evolve the integration for goals. I'd love to speak to you in the next week and share some early thinking to get your feedback on. 

If you are interested in meeting with some of the Atlas team and being a part of exploring this experience together, please find some time via my Calendly so we can chat: https://calendly.com/rlin2/atlas-jira-goal-exploration-research

If you have any other feedback or questions with regards to Atlas Goals and the integration with Jira Software, drop them in this discussion. 

Thanks everyone!

Rach 

6 comments

Comment

Dan Keshet May 16, 2023

I don't want to shame you for your work/sleep habits but is your Calendly configured correctly?  These times seem pretty inconvenient to me!rachel_lin_calendar.PNG

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Matthew McGarity May 17, 2023

I suspect it's because most of the Atlassian team is Australia-based.

Like Rachel Lin likes this
Rachel Lin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2023

Yep that's right - sorry @Dan Keshet :( We may share more explorations via Community for feedback asynchronously! 

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2023

What a great opportunity! Thanks @Rachel Lin ! I've signed up :-) 

Like # people like this
Yatin Shingala May 16, 2023

When we link the Jira epic to the goals, it force to have the summary of epic and goal title must be same.  Can it be different ?

Rachel Lin
Atlassian Team
May 17, 2023

I've noted down your feedback! 

Matthew McGarity May 17, 2023

@Rachel Lin As we've previously-discussed, our use of goals is light in order to drive a release-tracking process.  But here's how we have our goals arranged:

• Level 1: Goal: release software at least once per month (it's a goal because we were often erratic)
    • Level 2: Goal: one per individual monthly release
      • Level 3: Project: each individual feature for a particular release

At least in Jira, I could see value in displaying some version of that tree, so it's clear to others why we're associating releases to goals vs. just using the Fix Version field within Jira.

Like # people like this
Caitlin Steel May 17, 2023

I LOVE Atlas and want to use much more extensively so I am super excited to talk with you about this next week!  

Like Rachel Lin likes this
Jack Ukleja December 6, 2023

Our company would be really interested in this feature. My requests please:

• Have this integrate with Atlassian Analytics (not just Jira/Atlas)
    • Make the goals hierarchy a dimension hierarchy for analytics drill down etc.
  • Allow us to query by goal in JQL
    • Currently you can only do this by Atlas Project as it is added as a custom field, when goal is not...
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events