Atlas storage usage

Jeff Hoover May 10, 2023

Hello, I have several questions regarding Atlas storage:

1. Where can you view how much storage you are using in Atlas? 
  2. Are there any approximate metrics on how long it will take companies of different sizes to hit the 2 GB free limit?  Given the ability to add files, images and videos to an update, it seems as if that 2 GB could go rather quickly.   
  3. Is there a setting that can be enabled to restrict updates to text only (disable adding files, images and videos)?

Thank you for any information that you can provide.

3 comments

Comment

Alex Gisby
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 16, 2023

Hi there Jeff!

Currently we don't have a way in the UI for you to view your storage usage - we will send out a notice to the site admin if you have gone over your limits in a way that exceeds your service tier.

We don't currently have any controls in place to restrict uploads, but that's a good suggestion! I'll pass that onto our product managers!

Cheers!

David Harper June 29, 2023

I came here looking for how to find this out too.

I have a couple more questions to add:

• Is storage something that will only ever go up? If an Atlas project is Archived, does its storage usage get removed from the count?
  • Is there a way of reclaiming space by deleting rich media from older updates?
  • Do images and videos get transcoded upon upload? If I uploaded a 250MB raw video would it take up 250MB of storage or would you compress it to take up less space? Should we only upload highly compressed MP4 type things rather than MOVs?
Like # people like this
Murat Sahan February 2, 2024

Its been more than 6 months since this quite important question regarding the 2GB Atlas storage limit had an answer. 

Can we please have someone look at this? We have a lot of users in our company who are requesting access to Atlas AI but without knowing more ab the storage limit and perhaps pricing we wont give them Access. 

Thanks in advance 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events