Will This Stay Free? And How Does Navigation Work?

Hello Atlassian!  Very interested in trying this out.  I noticed right now there's a big 'ol "Activate for Free" button on the product page.  Is this something that will stay free?  Or is it just free right now in the testing phase?

I also noticed that another response mentioned this as a standalone tool.  Is/Can this be accessed directly through Jira?  Or is this a separate app that would show in the navigation sidebar like Confluence or Bitbucket?  Do we have the option to "remove" this product from our lineup if it's something we decide doesn't fit in with what we're currently doing?

Just trying to figure out what I'm getting myself into before activating a new product.

Thanks!

6 comments

Comment

Josh Costella
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2021

We already installed it. It does show up in the product nav sidebar. Also, linking tickets takes advantage of the smart links Jira has with Confluence. 

Like # people like this
Sharon Helms
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2021

Hi Atlassian! We're also very interested in trying this out -- but would also like to know if it will stay free. Can you please share more information? Thank you!

Like Bridget likes this
Sharon Helms
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2021

@Daniel Bolens If you select "Activate for free" you'll see details that specify it is "Team Central Beta" and you get a 1-month free cloud trial

• Full access to all features
  • Zero obligation, no credit card needed
  • Add up to 10,000 users
  • Access to sales and technical support

I don't see any other information about pricing, but maybe we'll hear from an Atlassian?  

Like Bridget likes this
Rachel Lin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2021

Hi everyone, thanks for leaving the questions! Let me see if I can try to bring some clarity for you: 

Is this something that will stay free?  Or is it just free right now in the testing phase?

Being in Beta, we are a free offering. We are yet to finalise the pricing plans, so we will keep you updated as these are more clearly defined. For the time being though, the thinking is that like our other products, there will continue to be a free offering in the long-term and then, premium tiering on top of that. 

Is/Can this be accessed directly through Jira?  Or is this a separate app that would show in the navigation sidebar like Confluence or Bitbucket? 

There is a loose link between Jira and Team Central, although not essential. As mentioned in the previous question, Jira is for planning between your direct working team. Team Central is for communicating on overall projects to outward teams. You'll be able to access Team Central through team.atlassian.com or via the app switcher in any Atlassian product, once you've installed it. 

Do we have the option to "remove" this product from our lineup if it's something we decide doesn't fit in with what we're currently doing?

Yes! You're able to trial the product and see if it fits your use case. If not, your admin can "deactivate" Team Central from your cloud site, effectively removing it. 

Like # people like this
Melissa P April 28, 2021

Do you think it will be a separate offering with a separate cost, or would it be included in one of the Atlassian tiers?  (Maybe the Premium tier that includes Advanced Roadmaps since I think a lot of the functionality around the point-a offerings may replace Advanced Roadmaps?)

Like Mary Raleigh likes this
Mary Raleigh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 29, 2021

@Melissa P thanks for your question! While we are still evaluating pricing structure, we acknowledge that you need some more certainty in order to bet on Team Central as a foundational product for your organization. So, we asked our Head of Product, @Sherif Mansour to help shed light on how we are thinking about pricing for when we transition from beta to general availability. You can read more and watch his video at this article: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Team-Central/A-preview-into-Team-Central-pricing/ba-p/1679616#

Please do keep sharing your feedback! We use it as input to guide the future roadmap of Team Central. 

Like Sherif Mansour likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events