Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sign up Log in

New year's resolution: Kiss status meetings goodbye

👋 fellow Atlas users!

Time is precious, especially in an increasingly remote and distributed work environment. As we fast approach the start of a new year, now's a good time to start thinking about changes you would like to make resolutions to improve the way your team/department/company operates. And we have an idea for you.

I am personally looking forward to 2023 being a year where we strike every wasteful meeting from our calendars. In fact, we've already started here at Atlassian, thanks to Atlas.

Atlassians are saving up to 1 hour every week

In a recent survey of employees, 90% of respondents who shared that Atlas helped their team have fewer meetings about the status of their work reported they were saving up to 1 hour's worth of meetings each week. For the other 10%, it was up to 2 hours.

Imagine that, giving everyone at your company an hour back every week. Add it all up and that's a lot of time every month, quarter, and year you can put back into more activities that yield better outcomes. That might be time to focus on deep work. Or it might be time to connect and bond with your team. Heck, it could even be an hour to simply rest and recharge.

So, how do we do it?

We practice The Loop with Atlas.

If you'd like to see how your teams can too, check out the talk @Rachel Lin and I gave recently at Atlassian's inaugural Work Life event at the Chase Center in San Francisco. 

Here's to cleaner calendars and time better spent in 2023. Powered by Atlas of course. 😊

8 comments

Comment

Log in or Sign up to comment
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2022

Cool article, @Matt ! Thanks for sharing!

Like # people like this
Matt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2022
Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2022

Great presentation @Matt & @Rachel Lin .. gave me an overview of Atlas and its structure

Matt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2022

Thanks @Ajay _view26_ Glad you found it helpful. 🙌

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2022

Well done @Matt and @Rachel Lin ! Actively using Atlas for project updates.

Trilok Rawat
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 12, 2023

Thanks @Matt and @Rachel Lin on sharing thoughts. Could you please clarify - will it not be possible that the Automation takes inputs from Curation itself.

Emile Steenkamp
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 7, 2024

Nested responses in Jira would've been perfect to solve for this.

Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2024

Great job on this @Matt! Thank you for sharing this!  

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events