New feature requests for Atlas

Hi all,

Via the feedback button, I submitted following new feature requests:

• WF-1769: Sort sub-goals by status or due date
  • WF-1787: Custom avatars/icons for projects
  • WF-1788: Possibility to effectively delete a project (rather than archive it)
  • WF-1789: Possibility for Project categories wo we can group projects by client or other metadata

I really hope these are on the roadmap and get release someday.

What are your suggestions for Atlas?

8 comments

Comment

Brandon Haverland February 22, 2023

I believe it's on the roadmap, but I would very much like to be able to associate an Atlas Project with Jira Issue Types higher up the hierarchy than Epics (when Jira Premium/Advanced Roadmaps is in use).

Like # people like this
Annie Ioceva February 22, 2023

I would like to be easier to show on team's page their goals. Now the link is indirect via project and I had to make fake project to just show goals. 

Like Daniella Latham likes this
Daniella Latham
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2023

Hi @Dave Mathijs thanks for following up on these. I've had a look and these are in our backlog. I'd love to know which of these would be top priority for you?

Like Andrew Hammond likes this
Daniella Latham
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2023

Thanks @Brandon Haverland - how are you currently using Jira and Atlas together? 

Like # people like this
Brandon Haverland March 7, 2023

Hi @Daniella Latham,

We're using Advanced Roadmaps with Jira so our 'Projects' our typically managed at a higher level in our hierarchy than at the Epic level (we have three hierarchy levels above Epic). However, as Atlas can only currently

1. track work in Jira AND
  2. sync Title, dates, tags

for Epic issue types, it's been hard to get buy-in for use of Atlas as our org has a bigger need for syncing the issue type above Epic in our hierarchy.

Screen Shot 2023-03-07 at 3.21.01 PM.png

Concerning buy-in for stakeholders, is there any business justification documentation that can be shared with my leadership? I've found some for other Atlassian products but not much for Atlas.

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2023

@Daniella Latham Thanks for the follow-up. The priority would be the way they are listed, top to bottom.

Daniella Latham
Atlassian Team
March 8, 2023

Hi @Brandon Haverland 

Thanks for providing more context - I'll share that back with the team. We have resources and guides on this page: https://intercom.help/atlas-by-atlassian/en/articles/6021353-looking-for-resources-to-help-accelerate-the-adoption-of-atlas

I'll be adding and updating this over the coming weeks so please stay tuned.

Thanks for clarifying, @Dave Mathijs!

Like # people like this
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2024

Hi @Dave Mathijs ,

These are good suggestions! Where can I find the links to the details?  These are some extra suggestions for feature requests:

• Ability to link more than one Jira issue to an Atlas project.
  • Ability to delete followers (for admins).
  • Ability to pull/push comments from/to Slack for status updates (currently it pulls only reactions).

I'm sure I'll think of a few more :-).  

Thanks,

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events