Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect your Atlas project to a Slack channel

So you’ve created an Atlas project to start communicating on weekly status to stakeholders or dependent teams. But some of them haven’t jumped in to follow in Atlas yet. Or they prefer to have daily communication via Slack. Or you might want to share these updates in your team’s channel, so they can see how the work is being broadcasted.

Have you ever thought, “it’d be nice if I could also send my Atlas update in Slack, without extra work?

Well, you can with our Atlas for Slack app! (Note: We are currently undergoing a product rename, so the Slack app is still called Team Central for Slack app. This will be updated soon.)

Beyond sending automated reminders & individual digests in Slack, displaying previews of Atlas links and offering tips for maintaining project hygiene, the Atlas for Slack app also enables you to connect an Atlas project to a Slack channel and automatically share updates there.

Here’s how to set it up

Once you've installed the app in your Slack workspace, there are 3 ways you can connect an Atlas project to a Slack channel:

1. Share the project URL in the Slack channel

image-20220419-065709.png

Simply paste the project URL into your Slack channel and the Atlas for Slack app will send you a prompt to share updates. If you choose Skip for now, we won’t ask you to connect this project again in the same channel. If you choose Don’t ask again, we’ll stop prompting you to connect for any project URL shared in the future.

2. Use the /teamcentral connect command from Slack

image-20220419-065756.png

You can use the /teamcentral connect shortcut in your desired Slack channel, which will prompt options to Connect projects, goals or manage existing connections. Alternatively, using the /teamcentral connect <project-URL> shortcut will directly link your Atlas project with Slack.

3. Add a Slack channel from your follower list in Atlas

image-20220419-065945.png

image-20220419-070000.png

You can also connect to a Slack channel from the Atlas project by opening the follower list. You can add individual followers here or at the bottom, you’ll see the option to Connect Slack channel.

What does it do?

image-20220419-070935.png

Once your Atlas project has been connected to your desired Slack channel, this means any update that is created in your Atlas project will automatically and immediately be shared in the Slack channel.

We also have an Atlas for Microsoft Teams app, which we will work to enable this feature soon. If you have any feedback regarding our current chat app integrations, we’d love to hear from you! Please reach out via the message bubble in the bottom right of Atlas.

3 comments

Comment

Raquel Cueto-Senra October 12, 2022

I love this feature, however I'm looking at sending an automated weekly report based on filters to a specific Slack channel. Would anything like this be on your roadmap anytime? Thanks!

Like # people like this
Kevin Gentry January 27, 2023

Is there a way to connect a topic to a channel? Or even the summary breakdown for a channel? I love the Happy Monday Project Breakdown that I get personally, but if I could send this to a channel, I would love it 10x more 😍

Like Arun R likes this
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 1, 2024

Thank you! This worked for me in the past, but I'm having issues connecting to a Slack channel now. How can I get support to help troubleshoot?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events