Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get a sneak peek into what's coming soon: Using Atlas Goals in Jira Software

Hi everyone!

My name is Kristy and I'm a designer on the Atlas team, exploring integrations between Atlas and Jira Software. We hear a lot of feedback about customers wanting more connectivity between Atlas & Jira Software, so I'm excited to share some early explorations.

The team has been building the ability to link Atlas Goals to JSW epics (stay tuned for that announcement soon), and I'm now exploring the reporting you can do once those goals are linked. I'd love your feedback!

If you have a few minutes, watch the video below to get a first look into what's coming next in Atlas and please leave honest feedback to help us build the best experience for you. Keep in mind, these are still concepts we're exploring and subject to change based on feedback.

Thanks everyone :heart:

Video: https://www.loom.com/share/91c2184b47f24249a604c49f93f6e6b8

3 comments

Comment

esther.turner June 6, 2023

@Kristy Donaldson thanks for the sneak peek! Are there any plans to develop a "Goal Template" of sorts? We're exploring the use of goals to serve as standard project milestones i.e. send document to client, Receive signature, Complete Internal Testing, Complete UAT, Go-Live etc. So, the ability to insert a list of 'standard' goals into an Atlas project would help standardize the process across my team of PM's. 

Like # people like this
Alexandre Krammel June 6, 2023

@Kristy Donaldson 

I really have not seen any value on linking Atlas Goals to Jira Epics, since we already have Goals linked to Contributing Atlas Projects.

IMHO every connection to JSW should be done directly with the Atlas Project, which would allow for an indirect link to its Goals. The reason is because a Goal is achieved through the execution of Projects (Atlas Projects are the same as Ideas in JPD, and is equivalent to a Initiative "issue type" in JSW which is a parent for Epics).

In JPD an Idea has Epics, the same way in JSW (with Plans) you usually have an Initiative issue type as a parent of Epics.

In JPD many Ideas can have the same Goal, just like many Atlas Projects can contribute to the same Goal

What would be much more useful would be to allow linking Atlas Projects to Initiatives (JPD = Ideas) instead of a single Epics.

Although JPD, JSW and Atlas name it differently, they represent the same concept, and the cardinal model should be kept the same:

• Idea/Initiative/Project - has one Goal 
  • A Goal have many Idea/Initiative/Project
  • Idea/Initiative/Project - has child Epics
Like # people like this
Kristy Donaldson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2023

Hi @esther.turner thanks for your feedback. What sort of role are you in? Do you use epics in Jira Software at all (or as you refer to them - goals)?

Our idea of a goal is something that would live above an Atlas project and might take multiple streams of work to complete. Atlas article for reference: https://intercom.help/atlas-by-atlassian/en/articles/6543595-the-relationship-between-projects-goals

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events