Coming soon to Team Central: A staff directory for your organization.

Hi all,

As we continue our journey to help teams across the organization connect and communicate more effectively, we're increasing our focus on people and teams.

We want Team Central to be the place you go to get context and connect with colleagues and their teams. By bringing together the work (projects & goals) and the org (people & teams) in one tool, we believe Team Central will be the best solution for this need.

If you want to hear more about that and help us shape this new area of the product, please book a time on my calendar 😃

Here are some prototypes to give you an idea of what's coming up:

Follow_team.png Profile.pngTeams_list.png Org_chart.png

Thanks!

5 comments

Comment

Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2021

I've been looking for something like this for a while now! Hope it gets rolled out soon :)

Like # people like this
redmon wong September 6, 2021

will「teams」support adding teams from the different app?Our project members usually come from several departments with the different app(slack, ms teams), i do really care about this diff, and how team central plan to design it, what problem do you plan to solve

Eric
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2021

@redmon wong Just to clarify - You have your teams already defined in a different tool, and you're asking if you can sync those into Team Central?

If that's the question, this is definitely on our radar but probably not something we'll build in the next six months or so.

As for what problem we want to solve:

More and more, we see companies increasing re-organizations and giving more autonomy to their teams in an attempt to adapt to the fast-changing environment we live in. 

We're also observing an increase in the interconnected nature of these teams, that need to navigate the organization and collaborate with an increased number of teams to accomplish their goals.

These teams experience large amounts of friction connecting and communicating with each other as they move work forward.

Team Central will solve this problem by giving users the right context and the right tools to communicate with one another. It's not a place for teams to plan their internal work, it's a place for different teams to get together and understand each other.

A big part of this context relates to the people and teams of the organization. It's much easier to collaborate when we know more about our colleagues, understand their teams' structure, and know which goals they're trying to achieve. - This is exactly what we want to answer in Team Central.

I'd love to chat and learn more about your organization if you think you're experiencing some of these problems - Just book something on my calendar if you're keen 🙂.

Like redmon wong likes this
redmon wong September 22, 2021

@Eric  Thx for your reply, sounds like that this update means clarifying the staff structure things which is a key part of Team Central(goals, projects, and people).

In some degree, our teams care about 2 specific questions:

1) the teams from different departments have already created their structure on other apps, for instant communication or task tracking. if we decide to use Team Central, should we need to input structural information into Team Central again ?

2)I agree with the point: Team Central to be the place you go to get context and connect with colleagues and their teams. By bringing together the work (projects & goals) and the org (people & teams) in one tool. But usually, we need to follow specific tasks to judge if our projects go well as planned. now, we don't know how to link tasks to project on Team Central, do u have any solutions in this field?

Eric
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 22, 2021

@redmon wong 

Regarding 1):

Can you be more specific about where these teams are defined and how they're structured? We have just shipped the ability to sync your org structure (who reports to who) via an Identity Provider.

Would that help?

Regarding 2):

This article might help: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Team-Central-articles/The-relationship-between-Team-Central-and-Jira-explained/ba-p/1685737

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events