Exclude pages from content scanning detections

Guard Detect sends an alert when someone updates a Confluence page containing certain types of sensitive data, such as credentials, financial, or identity data.

You can now exclude certain pages from content scanning detections. This is useful if you are getting false positive alerts for particular pages.

For example, if you have a page containing test credit cards for your QA team to use, you can exclude that page from the credit card content scanning detection.

Please note: this requires Atlassian Guard Premium.

797946d4-3f84-4e2a-bb67-1f08216272ef.png

To exclude a page from a detection:

1. In Guard Detect, go to Detections > Content scanning

2. Expand the detection then select View exclusions.

3. Follow the prompts to add pages to the list of exclusions.

Alternatively, you can select Exclude page on the alert for that page.

How to exclude a page

What's next? Our team is already busy working on user exclusions for user activity detections.

Drop us a comment or note below and let us know what you think!

2 comments

Adam G.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 2, 2024

Will there be a future Data Security Policy, based on Sensitivity/Classification Level, where you are unable to exclude pages? I'm thinking of a scenario where I have highly classified space that I don't want any rule exclusions to exist on, and if specific terms or patterns exist when published, they should be alerted on and actioned.

Like Tygrr DosRemedios likes this
Tygrr DosRemedios
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 2, 2024

@Adam G. That's pretty granular seeing as how only a small subset of security experts or org admins would be able to action this. If all users within the org were able to exclude, then I could see that being a policy across the whole. Maybe one day we'll get there!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events