Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend your Jira Service Management portal with Customer Actions for Jira

tl;dr:

• Customer Actions for Jira gives your portal users a ton of new abilities.
  • Extend your customer portal by letting users edit issues, add information to existing requests, link issues, or even read and sign documents directly from the portal.
  • The app is free for up to 10 users/agents; you can try it here for free.

Your customer portal is the face of your company for your clients and customers. It's the platform where they raise their requests, queries, and feedback - and it's essential that it's interactive, efficient, and user-friendly. This is where Customer Actions for Jira come in.

Customer Actions for Jira helps you make your Jira Service Management portal more interactive, allowing customers to edit issues, add additional information, sign documents, and link issues. With these features, you can significantly extend the capabilities of your customer portal and enhance your customer's experience.

Editing issues

One of the standout features of Customer Actions for Jira is allowing users to edit issues after they've been created. Customers can change the information they've entered, providing more details on their requests and keeping the information accurate and up-to-date - that's especially useful in situations where customers may have forgotten to provide crucial information during the initial request creation process.

It also helps to reduce the number of back-and-forth communications between customers and support teams, as customers can add the missing information directly to the issue.

CA11(1).png

You can configure the following:

• Which fields can be edited on a request type,
  • Who is able to edit them - and...
  • When and if they can be updated by specifying conditions.

For example - only allow customers to edit issues that are not resolved or when a specific date has been reached. Or, Allow a user to change the issue's reporter when the agent sets the request to a certain status.

CA3.png

Customer Actions app supports many custom field types, including user fields. You can enable portal users to change the reporter of an issue if needed or select approvers after ticket creation.

By allowing customers to edit requests or add additional information, you're giving them a sense of control and involvement in the resolution process, which can help improve their overall satisfaction with your product or service.

Selecting and linking related issues

"Linking issues" is another crucial feature of Customer Actions for Jira. Enable your customers to select and link related issues during the request creation process, making it easier for your team to understand the big picture and work on resolving all related issues. You can also require customers to select an issue during request creation, which is helpful for special request types that necessitate other issues to be present.CA-Select-Issue-With-Frame(2).png

You could use this functionality to provide change management with related issues via your portal by enabling users to select parent changes and create sub-changes as needed.

CA-Issue-Select.png

The app also has a configurable issue panel that displays linked issues on the request view, making it even easier to see all related requests. This feature can be handy in cases where multiple issues are associated with each other and need to be resolved together. By linking these issues, your team can see the complete picture and work on fixing all related requests in one go, reducing the time and effort required to resolve them.

Sign or Acknowledge Documents

Finally, Customer Actions for Jira allows customers to sign documents, allowing customers to review and acknowledge important documents.
By allowing customers to sign these documents directly from the customer portal, you can simplify and streamline the process, reducing time and effort and eliminating paper waste.

CA-Document-Dialog.png

You can even make signing a document a requirement for opening an issue. This way, you can ensure that the user has read and acknowledged all relevant information before submitting a request. Typical use cases for this could be device usage agreements, license terms, code of conduct, or any other electronic contract.

Customer Actions for Jira is a must-have app for companies that want to enhance their customer portal experience. With the app's capabilities, your customer portal will become more interactive, efficient, and user-friendly, improving customer satisfaction.

And last but not least - the app is FREE for up to 10 users / agents!

If you want to learn more, check out the usage examples in our documentation or contact us for a personal demo!

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/1229532

4 comments

Comment

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2023

Very nice app @Stefan Ernst [Realigned.io] !

I tried it already on my instance and looks very promising! I really liked the signing document which would be an outstanding addition if you could link a document from confluence as well (besides writing it on the fly).

And concerning the action of the customer to be able to edit or add additional information, it would be great if you could add the functionality of being able to add fields which are present on the agent's view (e.g. edit/view issue screen). And I say that because many clients want customers to be able to add information during the workflow of a request for fields which are not present during the creation of request.

Stefan Ernst [Realigned.io]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 21, 2023

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ 

Thank you for your great feedback!

For the moment, I thought it would be less friction to add them directly in Jira, but Confluence integration is on the roadmap to display these documents.

As for the fields - all fields are editable - the one on the request screen are just highlighted to avoid confusion. Not all custom field types are supported yet, though - here is the current list: https://customeractions.app/docs/action-types/edit-issues

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2023

@Stefan Ernst [Realigned.io] thanx for your reply!

That's cool about integrating confluence pages! That would be a game changer!

Concerning the CFs: On my instance I can't seem to add custom fields if they are not present on the request form. However, if they are present on the request form, I can add them to an action and then I can remove them from the request form. The fields will remain on the action screen.

Stefan Ernst [Realigned.io]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 22, 2023

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ 

thanks for the info! Do you have multiple issue types selected at the top? There is a logic that checks if the fields are available on all issue types' edit screens.

But I will have a look regardless, it should be easy to use :)

Cheers

Stefan

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events