Create
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

šŸ”” Automatically publish & sync pages to multiple locations with Space Sync for Confluence

Hi everyone! šŸ‘‹

As a follow-up to my previous article How to distribute content to multiple spaces, Iā€™m excited to share with you more advanced use cases for automating the publishing process in Confluence.

Now, you can enable auto-sync to create and keep pages in sync, it works for both internal and external sites! 

Consider the following scenarios:

Cross-functional knowledge sharing

Many teams maintain a corporate wiki by creating ā€œmasterā€ content, i.e. product updates, and then broadcast this information to different destinations. This process ensures that all teams have access to important information at all times, right from their workspace. At the same time, it reduces the time required for sharing and maintaining content in multiple places. 

For external collaboration

Another common request for cross-space publishing is coordinating content sharing between in-house works and the clientā€™s side. Your team can draft project pages and get internal approval before sharing them with the client directly on their Confluence site. 

Why use Space Sync for Confluence?

Think of this app as a no-code, simple automation tool for cross-space content publishing within Confluence. 

Once you've established synchronization between spaces, internally or across different Confluence instances, permitted users can "push" any page to a destination space. The app takes care of publishing that page on your behalf.

Need to update this page? Simply ā€˜pushā€™ the changes again to keep the versions in sync. That way, you only have to create a single piece of content and distribute it more efficiently. 

The new auto-sync capability takes it to the next level! You can now keep those pages synced automatically without manually pushing changes each time. The result is a more streamlined and automated approach to content management that enhances collaboration, eliminates friction, and accelerates knowledge sharing.

As a side note, itā€™s important to remember that the content management processes should reflect how your Confluence is structured. 

šŸ“‘ Below, I'll show you exactly how this app works: 

Use case: Share project proposal to external client site

So, your client also uses Confluence as their intranet? Thatā€™s great! You can skip all the back-and-forth emails to get approval on the next project. 

Hereā€™s your internal page, which requires a final sign-off before sending it over to the client:

Beforehand, make sure that youā€™ve prepared relevant page statuses for the approval workflow, for example:

šŸŸ” Draft

šŸ”µ Ready for review

šŸŸ¢ Approved

For the first step, youā€™d need space admin access to create the sync destination and configure necessity permissions. 

Unlike conventional document sharing, itā€™s easy to collaborate across different Confluence instances with the @mention ability. Your client can share feedback and collaborate directly on the page without leaving their Confluence site. 

External sync - Marketing space.png

Next, all you have to do is enable the auto-sync function to automate the publishing process to the clientā€™s space:

Auto sync config client space.png

From the app configuration console, youā€™ll immediately see the sync status. Select Configure auto sync.

Go ahead and turn on the auto-sync function. Then, apply the additional rules, for instance, by page label and status.

It essentially means that whenever you create or update a page with the status Approved, the app will automatically publish the latest content over to the synced space(s).

Autosyn demo.png

Thatā€™s it! 

Use case: Create a master documentation draft from your internal space and publish it over to a public site

When you write technical documentation for your product, youā€™ll likely need to go through some review processes. 

Just like the use case above, you can streamline this process by syncing content between your draft space (staging site) and the public space (production site). Both these spaces are from within the same instance.

There are several benefits:

• Itā€™s easier to coordinate the documentation content right from the internal release doc

• You can flexibly draft and organize your documentation pages without affecting the production site

• When you create a new draft under a parent page, the synced page will retain the hierarchy as well

You can use this app to turn your Confluence into a versatile content management system in many more ways. Explore features like bulk sync to copy the entire space to your desired destination. Itā€™s that simple! 

Try it for free from the Marketplace: Space Sync for Confluence Cloud 

Thank you for reading! 

2 comments

Comment

ABR January 28, 2024

Hi! @Linh Pham_Ricksoft_Inc ,

The article is very helpful and will make my work much easier and smoother once I incorporate the various use cases.

However, this inadvertent miss is very jarring to readers like me who are enjoying and learning so much from your work.

Could you please do something?Incorrect spelling in Atlassian article.PNG 

Linh Pham_Ricksoft_Inc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2024

Hi @ABR Thank you for your kind words and for spotting the typo! It's now fixed! :D 

If you're interested in exploring more use cases with Confluence, I've recently published a detailed Confluence project management article. I hope you'll find it helpful! 

Cheers,

Linh

Like ā€¢ ABR likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events