Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reindex error after deleting subtasks via postfunction

Montana Fox October 5, 2021

We recently upgraded our Jira Server instance from 7.2.7 with Scriptrunner 5.4.28, and are now using Jira Server 8.13.3 with Scriptrunner 6.27.0.

I have a transition in a workflow which sends the issue back to draft status. One of the post functions is a ScriptRunner script that deletes all subtasks. There are a few other post functions performed after this, and then the transition is completed.

The transition worked perfectly without errors until we upgraded. Now it completes, and all post functions are performed successfully, including the deletion of the subtasks, but an error appears indicating indexing errors for the subtasks which were just deleted. This error prevents me from doing anything at all (not even acknowledging/dismissing the error) until I refresh the page. When I do refresh, everything appears to be good with the issue. All subtasks are gone, all all other changes were made successfully.

Please see this previous post I made regarding this problem.

Scriptrunner delete subtasks showing indexing errors... 

I am beginning to suspect that there is actually nothing wrong with the Scriptrunner post function, since the subtasks do get deleted.

I have run the integrity checker, with no errors found. I have run all the SQL checks that I've seen suggested here and there, and the only one that has returned any results is:

SELECT * from issue_version where deleted = 'Y';

The issues returned are in fact the subtasks I just deleted. But they DO NOT appear in the [jiraissue] table.

This is where I am stuck. Not sure if they're supposed to still be showing up in the [issue_version] table, or if them still being there is part of the problem.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events