Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parsing error in Structure Formula

Subhajit Ghosh May 9, 2024

I'm attempting to display the percentage of Jiras that are either open or closed compared to the total count, using Structure. I've incorporated a formula column for this purpose. However, I'm encountering an error with the formula I've provided:

(Count((Issue_Status)) WHERE (Issue_Status) IN ("To Do", "In Progress")) / Count((Issue)) * 100.

The WHERE (Issue_Status) IN ("To Do", "In Progress")) / Count((Issue)) * 100 of the formula triggers a parsing error [ "Cannot parse expression, expected: characters)]. It seems to be struggling with the WHERE clause. Any suggestions on how to rectify this issue would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stepan Kholodov _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2024

Hello @Subhajit Ghosh 

To create the right expression that will give you the right result, the hierarchy of the structure should be considered. For example, if you want to consider all issues in the structure and not only issues on a particular hierarchy level, you can do it the following way:

1. Click the Automation button at the top. This will create a root-level item in the structure(the structure's name above all issues). This item is required for displaying aggregated data, taken from issues. Alternatively, you can place the structure's content in a folder and this folder can act as the same top-level parent item.
2. Ad the Formula with a formula like this:
if !issuetype: sum#children{if status = "to do" or status = "in progress": 1}/count{issuetype}*100

The formula might need to be tweaked if your setup & requirements are different.

I hope this helps. if you need further assistance with the Formula or if you have other questions about Structure, please reach out to us directly at our support portal.

Best regards,
Stepan
Tempo (the Structure app vendor)

Subhajit Ghosh May 9, 2024

Thanks  Stepan Kholodov _Tempo , this formula has actually worked for me. 

Like Stepan Kholodov _Tempo_ likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events