Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JMWE Iterator not finding summary field

Ahmad Sidawi June 28, 2024

Hi,

I'm using an iterator to generate a number of issues using JMWE. It appears to find all of the fields without fault except for the most important one, Summary. Attached are images of the errors and API response.

Screenshot 2024-06-28 175110.pngScreenshot 2024-06-28 175053.png

On the JMWE post function side i'm formatting summary like this:

{{it.fields.summary}}

I've also tried:

{{it.summary}}

and enabling the checkbox 'Iterator is formatted as JSON'.

Its strange as testing the iterator in JMWE appears to work fine and return all the fields of the tickets.

Any ideas?

4 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ahmad Sidawi July 11, 2024

This was confirmed to be the right formatting:

{{it.fields.summary}}

Errors appeared to be a bug with handling special characters which was fixed. 

0 votes
Suprija Sirikonda _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2024

Hello, @Ahmad Sidawi

Suprija here, and I'm part of the JMWE (Appfire) support team. 

I see you're facing the below issue with JMWE:

JMWE has been down most of today :/

As a first step, can you try to load the post-function in Incognito mode or clear the browser cache and verify?

If that doesn't help, we'll need additional details (console logs, HAR file, etc.) to troubleshoot the problem. So, please reach out to our support team here, and we'll look into it. 

You can also add details about the below problem on that support ticket. 

JMWE Iterator not finding summary field

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Suprija

Lead Product Support Engineer | Appfire

0 votes
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2024

Hi @Ahmad Sidawi 

can you share the configuration of the post-function?

Ahmad Sidawi July 1, 2024

JMWE has been down most of today :/

Screenshot 2024-07-01 104811.png

Basically i have a 'Create issue' post function which iterates through a JQL. The JQL is based on existing child issues of the ticket that post function is run on. The post function maps a few fields manually but hasn't been able to find or populate Summary, though when testing in JMWE the data returns fine.

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2024

The error points to a configuration error, but without a screenshot of the actual configuration, i cannot see where the problem is.

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2024

What happens with

{{it.fields.summary}}

which is the correct syntax? 
Also, can you share the full iterator code?

@David Fischer 

full iterator code:

{{ ('project = SDVP and filter != 60662 and type = "Test Run" and status not in (Obsolete, Passed, Failed, "Evaluation Only", Retest) and (parent = ' + issue.key + ' or "Epic Link" = '+issue.key+')') | searchIssues (maxResults = 20, startAt = 0) | dump(2) }}

it does return the issues when testing with all fields populated.

using

{{it.fields.summary}}

returns the same error.

Like Dave Rosenlund _Trundl_ likes this
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2024

Then it might be a regression in the app, related to the fact that you picked the "Copy all fields that appear on the Create screen" option.

@Suprija Sirikonda _Appfire_ that's worth double-checking.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2024

Sure, @David Fischer

Hello, @Ahmad Sidawi - please give us some time to test this, and we'll get back to you.

I see you also raised a support ticket with us, SUPPORT-183747 We'll update you there as well.

- Suprija

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 2, 2024

Hello, @Ahmad Sidawi @David Fischer 

We tested with modes as “Copy all fields that appear on the Create screen of the issue or the Request form of the customer request type to create" and "Copy all fields" and the functionality works as expected in both cases. 

Since you created a support ticket with us, let's continue the discussion there (to avoid confusion and duplicate efforts). We'll update this thread with the final resolution. 

Please share the information requested on the support ticket.

Thank you!

Suprija

Lead Product Support Engineer - Appfire

0 votes
Dave Rosenlund _Trundl_
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2024

Hi, @Ahmad Sidawi  👋

I moved your question to App Central, where questions about Atlassian Marketplace products should be posted. Also, I added some additional tags to hopefully draw the right eyeballs to your post.

That said, I suggest you contact the JMWE support team at Appfire directly for a faster response.

Best of luck,

-dave

P.S. If you do contact Appfire, it would be great if you could come back and share the solution here so others can benefit in the future.

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events