Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue Templates work only once

Raghunath Gollapinni February 21, 2024

Hi,

I created a template using the "Issue Templates" app listed under Apps. Main purpose is to have create work items with predefined fields and subtasks. But, the template work only once. When it is used second time, the template does not work. 

Please help me resolve the issue as our team need this template very badly to reduce the time in creating subtasks and updating the standard fields.

Thanks,

Raghu

image.png

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2024

Hi,

There is a lot of apps for templating. What app do you use?

Raghunath Gollapinni February 28, 2024

Hi,

It is "Issue templates" app. Attaching the screenshot (again).
image.png

Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2024
Like Raghunath Gollapinni likes this

Hi Kate,

Do you have any recommendation for template app for creating story + subtasks. 

Thanks,

Raghu 

Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 28, 2024

@Raghunath Gollapinni , if you're asking about app, I can recommend our Issue Templates Agent for Jira. It works on native Create issue screen what is awesome 😃 You can create templates for every issue type, we support all levels. What's more, next month we'll release a possibility to create big, multi-level structure of templates. 

Please book a demo session with us: calendly.com/appsvio. I'll show what we have in our app now and what is on our short- and long-term roadmap.

Like Raghunath Gollapinni likes this
1 vote
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2024

Hi @Raghunath Gollapinni and welcome to the Community!  We use Issue Templates but for Data Center and it works fine so maybe I can help.  Can you share a screenshot of your template?

Raghunath Gollapinni February 26, 2024

Thank you for responding. Please find the screenshots of the different fields I updated in the template. As soon as I created the template, It worked fine.  I was able to create story with all subtasks. But from second time onwards, only Story gets created. No subtasks are seen.Defaults.JPGDetails.JPGsubtasks.JPG

Hi Laurie Sciutti,

Did you get a chance to analyze further with the details shared?

Thanks,

Raghu

Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2024

Apologies, @Raghunath Gollapinni ~ we use Deviniti's Issue Templates.  That said, are there any variables or contextual settings in your template that might account for this?  I assume sub-task issue type is still part of the scheme in the affected project?  Do you see anything in the logs that points to an error/issue with your template?  Can you copy the template and try it as a new template to see if the sub-tasks are created like they were the first time you created it? Just some troubleshooting suggestions.  If none of those work, I recommend reaching out to the vendor like @Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_ has suggested.  

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events