Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up approvers in Jira Service Desk

Veronika Dvorska June 18, 2019

Hi,
there is a lot of questions and answers about how to set up an approvers in jira service desk. Unfortunately I didn´t found any right answer to my problem.
On my request type Order If I create a new issue as a licenced user, than I switch status over to a next one, which is TO PLAN. And from this step it would show the approvals section on issue with 3 people who should approve. Appears this (img) 

img.jpg
If I check out "Where is my field", appears this (img2)

img2.jpg

I thing I got everything set right in administration section (I´m administrator). Even transitions, on status TO PLAN - Add approval, I have ServiceDesk project..

Do i have to set a Scriptrunner? How? Or do I miss something else? 

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2019

Hi @Veronika Dvorska ,

Tha problem is that; Approvers (Contains users needed for approval) custom field is NULL.

1- If approvers are always same for specific request type, you can set from admin panel.

• Go to service desk project -> project settings -> request types
  • Edit Fields ("Order" request type in ypur case)
  • Add field -> Approvers
  • Than click "Hide" and set default approvers.

You can configure approval details from workflow diagram mode. When you click to related status in service desk workflow, it will open a pop-up.

In your case, IN PLAN status has an approval configuration.

image.png

2- If you don't have default approver, you need to set the value either in edit/transition screen or postfunction.

3- You can also add approvers field in customer portal create screen. So that, end user can set value.

It totally depends on your use case.

Also, please check these links;

Regards

Veronika Dvorska June 18, 2019

Hi @Tansu Akdeniz thnx for your answer. 

1) Request Types has been already set - Edit fields - Hidden fields with preset vaule - that´s ok.
Yes - Status TO PLAN also have approval configuration
Everything works fine from customer portal. I don´t want customer to pick an approvers. The field with approvers is hidden - that´s ok

IF customer creates a new Issue (Order) on portal and jira agent turn on ON PLAN state, everythings works fine. Default set approvers appears on Approvals section.

img3.jpg

I just don't know how to set the jira agent to automatically appear Approval Section on Jira with the predefined approvers, when turns the state ON PLAN. - That doesn´t work me

Maybe there is another option to go to fix it with the Scriptrunner.. but I'm not happy about that. What do you thing?

Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2019

I just don't know how to set the jira agent to automatically appear Approval Section on Jira with the predefined approvers, when turns the state ON PLAN

Do you mean creating an issue from Jira interface as an agent ? (not from service desk portal). If yes,

You can use Script Runner's behaviours feature. Go to Behaviours -> Add new behaviour -> Add mapping to this behaviour in terms of project/type -> Fields -> Add a field (Approvers) -> Add server-side script -> paste the following.

def field = getFieldById(getFieldChanged()) 
field.setFormValue("username1,username2")

Than, you will see the predefined approvers in Jira issue create pop-up.

Like # people like this
Veronika Dvorska June 19, 2019

Hi  Tansu

that´s awsome! Thank you so much!! It works now exactly how It supposed to work.

Two notes:

1) Do you have any advice how to get a green checkmark at the approver who has exactly approved? Image below is just illustration (Img4)

img4.jpg

2) If approver says YES, he switch state to PLANNED and from that moment the approvals section in jira disappear - Why? I want The Approval section to be visible in jira until the end of the issue.

Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 19, 2019

Hi @Veronika Dvorska ,

Glad to hear that! You are welcome.

1) As I know, system automatically puts green checkmark at the approver. 

2) In PLANNED status (as there is no approval here), Approval section will become Past Approvals. Because there may be an another Approval mechanisim for other statuses. See below example.

screen.jpg

0 votes
Gray Watson July 11, 2023

One thing that tripped me up is that the approvers only works when the assignee clicks "Start Progress".  Keep that in mind.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events