Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to edit a metadata field in a Confiforms record

Anne Luckey April 16, 2024

Hi, I built a Confiform as a forum for sharing updates. I have the "created" timestamp visible in this tableview, as I want to chronologically display all teams' updates. I also used "created" because while I want users to edit entries, I do not want them to change the submission date.

However, as an admin, there are a few occurrences in which I need to "backdate" submissions. Is there any way for me to edit a record's metadata field? 

Thank you! Capture.PNG

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2024

Hi @Anne Luckey 

You cannot update ConfiForms fields such as:

• id
  • created
  • createdBy

This are set by the platform and never get updated

Consider introducing another field that you can use to sort the data chronologically

You can auto set it automatically on record creation with ConfiForms IFTTT, and for exiting rows you can call a REST API to update a newly created field with a data from a created field (https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Configuring+ConfiForms+IFTTT+actions+and+rules#ConfiguringConfiFormsIFTTTactionsandrules-Create(Update)ConfiFormsEntry)

https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/ConfiForms+Server+REST+API+version+1#ConfiFormsServerRESTAPIversion1-UpdateConfiFormsFieldvaluebyfilter

(setting the fv parameter to something like fv=mynewdatefield:[entry.created])

Assuming the new field is called "mynewdatefield"

Do not forget to urlencode the [entry.created] parameter

Alex

0 votes
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2024

Hi, @Anne Luckey  👋

First, I hope you don't mind but I moved your question to App Central as this is the new destination on the Atlassian Community for all things related to Atlassian Marketplace applications.

Second, while I do not have any firsthand knowledge on this I did find this page on the ConfiForms documentation pages for Data Center:

How to access ConfiForms metadata fields

Perhaps you've already referred to this page, but just in case you have not — while you wait for someone on the community who may know more, maybe it will be helpful to you. To help, I added one more tag that may attract attention from someone at Vertuna.

You might always want to try their helpdesk.

Best,

-dave

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events