Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the permissions of the edit field of issue in the project?

James Lebron July 22, 2022

Hi community.

I am trying to change the edit button permission of the issue.

What I want to implement is to control the permissions of the edit button of the issue based on changes in the value of a user-defined field.

For example, make the edit button hidden or uneditable by user-defined values.

I will eventually apply this solution to Workflow.

WX20220722-162620@2x.png

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2022

You can't completely change the permissions other than with the "Edit Issue Permissions" in the permission scheme.

I understand that the permission scheme can't be configured to be conditional. It is all or nothing.

The closest you can come to your requirement is with:

https://docs.adaptavist.com/sr4js/latest/features/script-fragments/built-in-fragments/hide-ui-element-built-in-script

But the user will still have permission to use the in-line edit option and would still have permission to edit the issue with the REST API or any plugin that offers issue editing functionality.

Another approach you could try is to use behaviours to make all your fields read-only when your condition is true. This way, the user will see and be able to click the edit button, but won't be able to change any values.

James Lebron July 24, 2022

Thank u.
Thanks for giving me this idea, I'm trying to figure it out.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events