Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drag/Drop to change order/rank works in one Structure but not another

Marta Glass June 20, 2024

I have 2 projects and have created a Structure for each.  I thought I created them exactly the same however in one structure i can use drag/drop to move epics and change ranks.  In the other, when i attempt to d/d, i receive a message that it can't be done because i have the structure sorted by rank.  the other structure (which i can use d/d in) is also sorted by rank.  both are config'd to allow manual adjustments of generated content.  I have compared the configuration of but structures and don't see any differences.  Could it be that my permission levels are different in the two projects (SM in one, Owner in the other)? What am I missing?  TY!

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stepan Kholodov _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2024

Hello @Marta Glass 

If you see the 'Sorry, you cannot make this change, because the items are sorted' message, then it's possible that you have an additional sort transformation/sorting by a column applied in the structure in question. This makes it impossible to rearrange issues because the sorting by a column takes precedence.

Check for the sorting icon (you can find an example of it on our Wiki here) next to any column's name. Removing such sorting should make rearranging issues and changing their ranks possible.

I hope this helps. If you need further assistance or if you have other questions about Structure, please reach out to us directly at our support portal.

Best regards,
Stepan
Tempo (the Structure app vendor)

Marta Glass June 20, 2024

Thank you @Stepan Kholodov _Tempo_.  I have found a column with sorting on.  However, i'm unable to turn it off.  it just keeps switching between ascending and descending.

Stepan Kholodov _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2024

@Marta Glass 

Do disable sorting by any column:

- If you have Structure for Server/Data Center Jira: click on the Summary column's name once to reset it.
- if you have Structure Cloud: open the column's configuration and click either on Sort ascending or Sort descending on the current sorting order - if it's ascending right now, click Sort ascending to disable it and vice versa.

Best regards,
Stepan

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events