Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ConfiFroms: Copy a template page & update table record on a different page whenever the page updated

Josh June 24, 2024

Hi, 

I have a form created that will copy a template page based on a user input. I then have that same form creating a record within a tracker page. This is different than where the form is generated and takes in user input. 

I am having difficulty and adding triggers to the base template pages that would enable my tracker page to be updated with last modified date. 

I have tried multiple paths from searching but still unable to get it. What would be the recommended approach to having triggers on the main template pages that will be copied/created and update to my tracker whenever that page gets updated in the future. 

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2024

Hi @Josh 

Are you talking about listenting to events that happen with pages and reacting to those?

I think a scriptrunner is the best option here

ConfiForms could react on events happening with data in forms... not on events happening elsewhere

Alex

Josh June 25, 2024

Hi, 

Yes. The goal would be to have a view of the new page link that is being generated via the confiform via IFTTT copy page and then also have a field in the table that can keep last updated date for those generated pages. I have the firsr part but the second part is where i was stuck. 

thanks! I will take a look at scriptrunner for this. 

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2024

What is the "last updated" field? 

Just so I understand

1. You copy a page by submitting the ConfiForms form
  2. And what to save back the time when you have done that?

Alex

Josh June 25, 2024

I couldnt reply to your comment below for some reason. 

Correct, confiforms is creating the page and then inserting a time stamp into a lastupdated field for the moment it is created. 

I then wanted a way for that field lastupdated to be updated whenever that new page gets a published change. I wasnt sure if there was something in confiforms that would help. 

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 25, 2024

You can save back the page (into the page field in ConfiForms) that has been created after the copy page IFTTT, assuming you copy just one page at once. This way you will be able to access ANY property of the Page object, including the lastModificationDate

https://docs.atlassian.com/ConfluenceServer/javadoc/7.12.0/com/atlassian/confluence/pages/AbstractPage.html

Like Josh likes this
0 votes
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2024

Welcome to the Atlassian Community, @Josh  👋

I moved your question to App Central, where questions about Atlassian Marketplace products, like ConfiForms, should be posted. Also, I added some additional tags to hopefully draw the right eyeballs to your post.

That said, I suggest you contact the Confiforms support team at Vertuna directly for a faster response.

Best of luck,

-dave

P.S.  If you do, it would be great if you'd come back and share the solution here so others can benefit in the future.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events