cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Completed issues are moving to next sprint

Roopesh Palukuri
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 26, 2024

After completing my current sprint even all the issues in the done status(which is the last column in workflow) are getting spilled over to next sprint. Weird thing is while closing sprint it's showing all issues are completed but after closing all the issues are marked as incomplete issues.

3 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Jamie Edmondson July 26, 2024

Hi @Roopesh Palukuri ! I would also agree with @John Funk on his responses, but just out of curiosity, I was wondering what Status Category that your QA Passed status is in on your board. If QA Passed is still in the In Progress Status Category, that might cause the result your experiencing. I don't know - just curious what is happening.  :)

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2024

Hi Roopesh - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Is there some type in the status of the issue in the History of the issue? 

And does it happen to all issues in the Sprint? Or just a few? And do the issues have any sub-tasks?

Roopesh Palukuri
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 26, 2024

Hey @John Funk  thanks for taking time to answer , there are linked test cases to the stories and for test cases QA Passed is the last status. And we're making sure they are put in QA Passed status. I think test cases are the culprits here as after finishing sprint when I check the sprint report test cases status is showing as QA in progress but when I open up that particular test case status is showing as QA Passed. And yeah it's happening from last 4 sprints.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2024

Are you using a particular test app? 

Roopesh Palukuri
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 26, 2024

X ray we're using for testcases, but the thing is we have other boards but for those boards this issue is not happening. Those are pure scrum boards. But for this particular board for which this issue happening it's Scrum and Kanban mix.

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 26, 2024

you should probably contact the vendor then for support. 

0 votes
Marc Koppelaar - Devoteam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2024

Hi @Roopesh Palukuri 

Welcome to the community.

The Done status also need to be in the final column of your Sprint board, otherwise it's no considered burned and will be transferred to the next Sprint

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 26, 2024

Hey @Marc Koppelaar - Devoteam  - The question states that the status is in the last column of the board. 

Roopesh Palukuri
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 26, 2024

Hai @Marc Koppelaar - Devoteam  it's the final status and the last row of the statuses.

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events