Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big Picture makes rest calls after being uninstalled

Marko Dev April 18, 2024

Greetings,

has anyone experienced that a plugin makes rest calls even if the plugin is uninstalled from Jira? In my case it is the Big Picture plugin, and the call is 

/jira/rest/softwareplant-bigpicture/1.0/system/auth?_=1813303076235

that returns a 404.

Can I somehow see what triggers that call and how to remove that behavior? 

Thank you in advance!

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2024

It's likely a cached leftover web resource that should naturally rotate out eventually. Depends on access logs, a lot could be guessed based on the surrounding traffic for the user but not much without it. Could be cached either client side or server side so yeah, depends a lot.

Only the vendor will know for certain if and what makes those calls and confirm the caching nature or whether it could be some other incorrectly de-registered module when the app is being uninstalled (though other than web resources I can't really think of anything that could persist on the system and inject http requests).

Generally I would expect those requests to phase out but if you are really piqued by it then access logs would be the place to start imo to get a better sense of where it's coming from.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events