Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Able to make fields hidden/visible using script in behaviour but unable to create ticket.

Ragini Sharma December 28, 2022

Hi All,

I have a scenario where I want to use one request type for two kinds of access requests for my team. So I have "Access request for Jira " request type and I want to use the same for "Confluence Access" because almost all fields going to be used are similar. 

The purpose is that I will provide a drop-down to users where they can select "Jira" or "Confluence" and depending on selection, fields will populate or be hidden. 

I have written the script already and its working till showing or hiding fields but it does allow me to create ticket till I have filled all the fields (which are hidden even) in the portal.

This the portal view when I select "Jira" in Application Name-: Correct fields are populating on screen.

snap1.PNG

But when I click on "create" after putting all information in fields, it does not create any ticket, it asks for fields to be filled which are hidden and will be visible when I select confluence as shown below-:

snap2.PNG

Would really appreciate help from community on this.

Thanks in advance !

@Ravi Sagar 

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Ragini Sharma December 28, 2022

Hi All,

I resolved the problem. So, in request type I had set all fields required but in script I was making the fields optional and mandatory depending upon selection which was not able to override the former. So code was not succeeding as I had set all fields as required.

Solution-: I had to make all fields optional in the request type in JSM for code to work.

Thanks!

0 votes
RISHAV KUMAR GUPTA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2022

Hi @Ragini Sharma ,

Could you please share your script which you have implemented for this type.

Thanks,
Rishav

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events