Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rotating fisheye.out log file

tmv January 23, 2015

Hi,

Is there anything to help with rotating the fisheye.out log file.  It's growing quite large.

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
tmv January 27, 2015

Hi Felipe,

fisheye.out is written out by the line below from the start.sh command.

fisheyectl.sh:  nohup sh -c "exec $CMD" >> $FISHEYE_INST/var/log/fisheye.out 2>&1 &

According to your link, updating log4j.xml will reduce most logging information in fisheye.out but not completely eliminate it.

If I follow the instruction in the link, then I will get duplicate logging files:

1) There is already anrolling log file (e.g. atlassian-fisheye-2015-01-28.log) from the appender in log4j.xml:

<appender name="fisheyelog" class="com.cenqua.fisheye.logging.DailyRollingFileAppender">

<param name="baseFile" value="${fisheye.inst}/var/log/atlassian-fisheye.log"/>

2) Now we will introduce a System.out file from link

<appender name="console" class="org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender">
      <param name="File" value="System.out"/>
These two files have pretty much exact information.  In addition I still have fisheye.out that contains information not in System.out file or atlassian-fisheye.log file.
I'm thinking just to leave everything as they are and use a 3rd party tool to rotate fisheye.out.  BTW, I'm using version 3.6.3.
0 votes
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 27, 2015

Hello Tiep,

I do believe that this KB article will help you achieving your needs:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHKB/Configuring+FishEye+to+Rotate+the+Console+Log+File

Can you give it a try?

If this answer was helpful, please allow me to ask you to mark my answer as accepted in order to have it in the top of the thread, also helping other customers.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Felipe Kraemer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events