Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to integrate JIRA with mulesoft

Krishna Saw
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 27, 2016

Hi All,

We are trying to integrate JIRA with mulesoft. We would need to know and reference document details about setting up connection in JIRA to point to mulesoft.

Any help would be great.

Best Regards,

Krishna

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2016

Step 1: define "integrate"

Step 2: Using that definition, work out what you want MuleSoft to do in terms of read/write with JIRA data.  This should lead you to understand where you need to code in MuleSoft, then you can look at JIRA's REST API to work out how to do it ( Start at https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-apis/jira-rest-apis - I find the tutorials beneath that quite handy)

Step 3: Using that definition, work out what you want JIRA to do in terms of read/write with MuleSoft data.  This should lead you to understand where you need to code in JIRA, then you can look at stuff MuleSoft exposes to work out how to do it

Nishanth Reddy Velumula
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 28, 2016

Hi Nic,

Thanks for the response. The flow is JIRA -> Mulesoft

When an issue is created/updated, this needs to be created in Mulesoft. We are using "Webhook" as an endpoint to trigger the connection.

This works well when we create/update issue in JIRA. Now the challenge faced is on the comments section. We are looking for transferring the comments from JIRA to Mulesoft selectively.

Please let me know thought.

Best Regards,

Krishna

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2016

You'll need to write an add-on that can add things to the interface so you can select comments, then do the push.  Start at https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-platform/building-jira-add-ons

Another option might be more simple - if there is a way to identify comments that need to go across, you could write something to filter for them and push them automatically.

0 votes
Irene Hynes
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 8, 2018

Hi Krishna,

I love all the posts, I really enjoyed.
I would like more information about this, because it is very nice., Thanks for sharing.

I wrote about Kerberos support in MuleSoft, so it seems only natural to discuss the other place where Kerberos fits into the API ecosystem. Not only can Kerberos be used to secure APIs hosted or proxied by MuleSoft, but certain third-party systems can use or even require Kerberos for their security.

By the way do you have any YouTube videos, would love to watch it. I would like to connect you on LinkedIn, great to have experts like you in my connection (In case, if you don’t have any issues).
Please keep providing such valuable information.

Merci Beaucoup,

Irene Hynes

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2016

It looks like your colleauge is duplicating this conversation over at https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/43096073 - it's got more information there too.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events