Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create jira automatically using api

Ajinkya chavan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 21, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Developer Documentation: JIRA REST API Example - Create Issue

I had static data on that data i want to create the JIRA automatically daily. I doesn't find the proper way to post the request to JIRA .

Which script or technology will be better to create automatic JIRA .can someone show the steps from setup to execution.

In document i didnt understand cURL concept . if anyone can show simple way by using api to create JIRA from script it would be the great.  

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2016

If you want to avoid programming, you can use createIssue from JIRA Command Line Interface (CLI) and put that in your favorite job schedule or, better yet, use Bamboo and the CLI task to schedule it. 

Here is a reference for creating a set of tasks regularly: How to create projects or sets of issues based on a template

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2016

Curl is simply a way for a computer to hand data to a system.  JIRA has a REST interface which is designed to be used by programs for external access, and is hence happy to accept curl commands.

The simple way to use the api to create a JIRA issue in a script is to use curl.  That's by far the clearest and easiest way to do it.  So you really need to re-read, retry and understand the document you've linked to.  I'm not sure I could make it any clearer - it uses curl to say "hey, JIRA, here's some data for fields to fill into a new issue"

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events